Chapter 31 - "The Shootout"

Sthe: "Who the fuck are you calling brother?" He asked shouting while still firing his gun towards the other car. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. That I was involved in a shootout! I think I even peed on myself but I didn't even care the way I was scared. Having real bullets being shot at you is no fun...at all. Yes, it might be exciting when you see them being fired in actions movies but in real life, it was a whole different ball game.
Sine: "I'm calling Zano brother." He shouted back.
Sthe: "Hurry the fuck up!" The car swerved sharply and the tires made the screeching sound on the street.
Sine: "Yeah grootman we've got some problems...yeah they found us...she's fine don't worry, we won't let anything happen to her...are you still at the base?...yeah cool, I'm going to lead these fuckers there to you...we don't have any other choice grootman! There's too many of them and we'll be cornered soon if we don't!" He yelled in urgency and frustration... "I hear you grootman. I also don't like this plan but it's our only option...oh okay...sure." I guess he hung up because he wasn't talking anymore.
Sthe: "What did he say? Is the plan in place brother?"
Sine: "Fuck yeah! Let's show these fuckers why people don't mess with us." He said deadly. Oh my God!
Sine: "Hell yeah! Let's show them!" He agreed in the same deadly voice. The car went flying through the streets. I could hear the gunshots still being fired at us but they weren't any bullets hitting against the car anymore. I had my eyes closed tightly. I wasn't screaming anymore but I was still sobbing and I was even praying profusely...begging God to save us. If my ears were not deceiving me, I swear I could also hear sirens, but they sounded so far away. Oh my gosh! We were going to jail! My panic was on overdrive now. My whole body was shaking even worse than before. If I didn't pee on myself before, I sure did now... "don't sweat Superwoman, we're almost at the base." He said patting my back. I guess he was trying to comfort me. Did he say base? What base? And how was this base going to save us from this current predicament? I just wanted to come out of this alive. I just wanted the giant. I didn't care about anything else. It was so funny and so ironic that the person I wanted to see so badly was the very same person who had brought this violence and danger into my life. Love was really something else. Wait...love? Did I just say love? Was I in love with the giant? Oh my gosh! This wasn't the time to think about this Busisiwe! My mind reprimanded me. First get through this shit, and then you can analyze whatever feelings you felt towards that giant of yours. My mind said cheekily. My mind didn't quite like the giant as much as my heart did, I had realized.

The car suddenly came to a stop and I was pulled out of the car. I will never forget what I saw after that until the day I died. I mean, I only thought these things existed only in movies, not in real life. There in front of me was a SWAT team...not the real SWAT team but that was the only way I could describe what I was seeing. Men in black gear from head to toe. When I say gear, I mean the whole shabam! Protective gears on their heads, those bullet proof vests strapped to their chests, and they were also holding those ballistic shields and guns! Yes of course guns. Big guns. I wished you could see all that I was seeing with your very own eyes people. It was so unreal. And what really shocked me and paralyzed me on spot was when I saw the giant amongst those men. He was also in the same gear. He looked so fearless. He stuck out like a sore thumb since he was a giant and all. Oh my gosh! What the hell was going on here? I couldn't even process it all properly because I was being dragged away by one of the twins inside some building or should I say a basement because that's how it looked like. Immediately after we were inside the basement, I heard a lot of gunshots being fired from outside. It was war people! Now a different type of fear was attacking me when I realized that the giant was outside in that war zone. What if he got shot or even worse, got killed? I started hyperventilating. Someone shoved me down on a chair and gave me a bottle of water. I think it was one of the twins..."hey hey Superwoman. Look at me." The person was patting my cheeks. I think he was Sine. Couldn't be sure. What I was sure of was that my lungs were closing in on me... "hey hey breathe Superwoman." He ordered patting my cheeks a little harder... "you've got to breathe come on. You can't die on me. You want Zano to kill my ass?" When he mentioned the giant's name, my lungs opened up and accepted the oxygen to run freely. I coughed and breathed in and out heavily like I had just ran a marathon... "there you go." He said in relief patting my back... "drink some water, you're going to be fine." I brought the bottle to my moth with shaky hands and gulped the water down.
Me: "Sine...Zano is outside...and...and-."
Sine: "He's going to be fine, don't worry. He can handle himself okay?" I nodded reluctantly. The gunshots outside were dying down now. A blanket was placed over my shoulders. I looked up, it was a man I didn't know... "thank you Smith my man."
Smith: "Sure. No problem." He gave me a small smile before going back to his desk. Now that I was feeling a little better, I looked around where I was. It was definitely a basement. A big one. There were desks all around filled with computers and other machines and each desk was occupied by a person. The way they were so busy on their computers, it was like nothing was happening outside. They were not fazed at all. They all had headsets with microphones on their heads. At the very front of the base, there were about 6 big screens. One screen showed pictures of people I didn't know...obviously and the other screens showed things that I didn't understand at all. It looked like coordinates of some sort but it was hard to see also because the screens were quite far from where I was sitting.