Chapter 25 - "The Get Together"

Me: "So the night I saved you-."

Zano: "I'm done talking woman." He said with finality. I closed my mouth shut. I could see that he was really done talking. His face was back to being blank and hard. I huffed inwardly. I hated when he was like this, when he just closed off on me. I went back to eating silently, but my mind was still running a marathon. Things just weren't adding up, and I couldn't, actually I wouldn't believe that the giant stabbed himself just so we could meet. I mean that's just beyond crazy, but it could be slightly possible, I mean we're talking about the giant here. He's just something else. I still couldn't believe he was the owner of the restaurant I worked at, and I also still couldn't believe that he knew me way before we met. Like, how was that even possible? How didn't I notice him before? The giant is a man who doesn't go unnoticed. When he enters a place, people don't have a choice but to look his way. He just has that presence about him, and he's also a pretty big guy so he's noticeable. We finished our food in silence. It was kind of weird that I was getting used to the silence now. At first, any form of silence would make me antsy and uncomfortable so I would feel the need to fill it in with my blabbing which ended up with me saying a lot of stupid stuff in the process. But now with the giant, it was different. I no longer had the urge to fill in the silence with my blabbing and stupid talk. I know I talk a lot people, even one of my past boyfriends' told me that my talking a lot was a turn off. The thing is I couldn't help myself. Once I get started I can't seem to stop. I think I got this habit from my mother, because that woman can talk your ear drums out people. She would go on and on...you guys know her already. At least I didn't say crude and insulting things when I blabbed like she did. Even though the giant got annoyed with me when I talked a lot, I didn't get self conscious around him when he told me to shut up or that I talked too much, because I knew that the giant enjoyed his silence. I know that he's not saying all of that to be mean, he's just a man who enjoys his silence, and all of that is because of what happened to him in the past. I mean the guy didn't talk for 6 years after what happened to his mother and sister. So when he wanted silence, I was going to give it to him, but it was annoying at moments like this when I wanted to inquire about things.

After we finished eating, the giant gave me my medication. It was a lot of medication. When I asked the giant what were all the other medication for, he was like "you're hurt woman. I told my friend to give you everything that he had that will make you heal fast." I don't know, but that gave me fuzzy feeling inside. It was just a very sweet thing for him to do for me. It was moments like this that reminded me why I felt the way I felt about him. Yes, he's very rough around the edges but he's also very sweet on the inside when he wants to. I took all the medication prescribed, because I wanted to heal fast too.

We were now in bed - we were watching a movie on the giant's laptop. I was so surprised when he suggested that we watch a movie. I don't know, but it was just something I never thought the giant would want to do.  Watching a movie cuddled up with your man was kind of romantic in my book, and I never pictured the giant being a romantic. So I had myself cuddled on him, and the laptop was on his lap. We were watching an action comedy, and all the funny parts in the movie, I laughed to them alone. The giant just grunted. Typical giant! Anyway I was getting very sleepy now, I kept dosing off. Those pills I took were kicking in. One thing that I was so happy about was that the pain to my lower abdomen had disappeared completely. When the pain got too much in the future, the pills and I were going to be best of friends. I could feel myself getting sucked into dreamland, but I also wanted to finish the movie. Have you guys ever had the feeling where you're really sleepy but you don't want to sleep because the movie that is playing is so good? Yeah, that was what I was experiencing at the moment. The giant put the movie on pause.

Zano: "You can sleep woman, the movie will still be here when you wake up." He told me gently. I sighed sleepily and snuggled even more closely to him. He was so comfortable, and he also smelled so good.