Chapter 14 - "Meet The Parents"

Me: "Where are we going anyway?" I asked after a while. I saw that we weren't going towards his place or mine.
Zano: "Don't want to tell you." He said in that stubbornly way of his. I rolled my eyes. Typical giant!
Me: "Well remember what happened the last time you took me to a place without me knowing? You had a break down just because you didn't see me for 10 minutes...it was a disaster." I reminded him. He grunted unhappily.
Zano: "This will not be the same as the braai." He stated vehemently.
Me: "Just tell me where we're going."
Zano: "No." I huffed.
Me: "You're annoying." I told him. He ignored me. Screw him! I switched on the car radio.

We've been on the road for two hours now, and still he won't tell me where we're going. I would've been worried before, that he was taking me to some place to kill or hurt me but I trusted him now. I trusted that the giant wouldn't hurt me physically. I was so curious as to where he was taking me though since we've been on the road for this long. My chair was even adjusted...I had lowered it down...my feet were rested on the dashboard. When I had done this, the giant had shaken his head. I was tired people and everybody knows that a car has a way of making you feel tired and sleepy. Even though I was sleepy, I didn't want to sleep. I wanted to see exactly where the giant was taking me. We were now entering a very good neighborhood with nice houses...big houses. They were more like mansions. I sat up watching the different mansions as we drove by. They were very beautiful...and huge. The only people I could see were white...not black. Some were jogging, while others were walking their dogs. Oh my gosh! Where the heck were we? And why was the giant bringing me here? I wasn't going to bother asking him because I knew that he wouldn't tell me. The bastard! As we drove ahead, the more beautiful and extravagant the mansions were. He stopped the car in front of the gate of this mansion which I couldn't - even if I wanted to - tell you how exceptional it was. It was really out of this world. I was in awe. There was even a long driveway leading up to the mansion itself. It looked like it was sitting on a mountain or something. I was so overwhelmed by its' size. The giant did something that shocked me; he took out a little remote from the front pocket of his jacket and opened the gate. My mouth at this point was literally dropping. Was this his mansion? What was going on?

He drove in and drove up the long driveway. Oh my gosh. Everything was just so beautiful. My head was literally out of the window...and my eyes were taking in everything. Trees and flowers filled the yard and there was even a fountain! This was like the mansions which you  would see in movies. When we reached the mansion, three Mercedes Benz were parked in front of it. The giant parked his car next to them.
Zano: "Let's get out woman." He said getting out of the car. After snapping out of my stupor, I also got out. He was already walking towards the door of the mansion. The way I was so confused and overwhelmed, you guys had no idea. Why did I have to be stuck with a non-forthcoming man? Argh!
Me: "Where are we? Who's mansion is this?" I inquired while trying to catching up to him. He didn't bless me with an answer...of course. I huffed. When he reached the door, he didn't even knock, he just barged in. I paused taken aback, then I followed him in. I didn't know why I was getting shocked anymore to the things that the giant did. I mean, he's full of mystery. The mansion was amazing inside. I couldn't keep my mouth closed. It was amazing and humongous. The stairs leading to the upper floors were so many. I don't know how many times I blinked looking at them. They were in a shape of a snake leading up. The floors were marble...and there also was a chandelier! Oh my gosh! I was still caught up the beauty of the mansion when an excited squeal coming from the stairs surprised me. The squeal belonged to a young girl who was probably around 10 years of age. She was currently running down the stairs so fast I was scared that she was going to fall. When she got down the last step, she sprinted excitedly towards the giant. She crashed her little body against the giant...hugging him around the waist tightly. The giant patted her back grunting.
Her: "You're finally back! I missed you so so much!" She told him out of breath. She was still hugging him around the waist. I was staring at the both of them...lost for words. The thing is, seeing the giant around a kid was weird. I mean, the giant is hard, scary and even cold sometimes so a personality like that didn't mix with kids. But this kid apparently liked the giant...a lot. She finally let go of the giant and smiled up at him... "why you took so long to come Zano?"
Zano: "Work kid." He replied shortly. The girl rolled her eyes.
Her: "You're always working." She said pouting... "don't forget that you have a little sister that misses you and wants you to visit her." She chided him. The giant patted her head gently and her smiled widened. I don't wanna lie but that melted my heart a little... "let me go tell mom and dad that you're here. They've been looking forward to seeing you." She informed him... "oh and James is also here." The giant grunted unhappily. The girl giggled... "play nice Zano. Okay?" She said giving him the finger. She was cute. I liked how she wasn't frightened of the giant which told me that they had a good relationship.
Zano: "For you I'll try kid. Now go." He ordered gently. She ran off disappearing somewhere in the mansion.
Me: "Um...who was that?" I asked curiously. I know the kid referred to herself as his little sister but...
Zano: "My sister." He stated. No further explanations were given. Obviously. I rolled my eyes inwardly. The kid being his sister surprised me because she was white. I was obviously missing something.
Me: "What?" I wanted him to offer an explanation.
Zano: "My sister woman. Are you deaf?" I glared at him. He's so rude.
Me: "Don't start Zanoxolo. This is not the time for your rudeness." I told him heatedly.
Zano: "You're the one who's starting woman." He said in his annoying way... "now let's go meet my parents." He said walking away.

Every part of my body froze up. Did he just say parents? His parents? I mean, he couldn't have said parents people because that would be crazy. It would be madness actually, because if he said parents then that means I'm going to be meeting his parents and I can't be meeting his parents! Surely the giant is joking people! Me meeting his parents shouldn't be happening anytime soon but it was happening people and I had no control over it. I ran after the giant before he could disappear.

Me: "You're unbelievable!" I shouted when I reached him... "how can you bring me here Zanoxolo? Take me back home." I demanded angrily and panicked. I mean, I was about to meet his parents for goodness sake! So of course I would be panicked. Who wouldn't in my situation?
Zano: "No."
Me: "This is not the time for your annoying no's okay? Take me home!" I demanded in frustration.
Zano: "No woman." He growled. Oh my gosh! I was seriously going to have a panic attack. My whole body was shaking and I was feeling really hot. I should've never agreed to date this mentally disturbed man! He should be locked away.
Me: "This is crazy Zanoxolo! I can't be meeting your parents already." I stressed... "this is not how things are done." I told him.
Zano: "This is my way." He said it that weird way of his. I was about to give him an earful but I was cut off when I saw that we were now in the family room and eight pair of eyes were on us. Oh shit! And they were all white! What was happening here? His sister was white...and so were his parents. So that means he was adopted? It seemed so... "parents meet Busisiwe...my woman.".........