Chapter 8 - "The Date"

It was 10 minutes until the clock struck 5. I was in my bedroom. Sandile, my mother's boyfriend was already here. They were both sitting in the living area watching a movie. They were so overly cozy and cuddly in there, they were even eating popcorns. When I had texted the giant that I would wait for him outside, he told me to stay put, and that he will come up and get me. The reason why I wanted to wait for him outside was because I didn't want my mother to see him. You know how my mother is people, she will say embarrassing things like the last time. But now there wasn't going to be a way to avoid my mother seeing the giant because the giant had disputed it, and you guys know how the giant is, so I chose to stay put as he said. I had on a casual outfit on. I had my black jeans on, a nice long top and ankle boots on my feet. I thought I looked nice..cute even. I was going to be bringing my jacket with just in case it got chilly. I got out of the bedroom with my things when I heard a hard knock at the door. He was here. I was so nervous...I don't know why.
Mother: "Who is knocking like this is their house?" She asked irritated..."where are you going?" She asked in surprise when she saw me walking towards the door.
Me: "You said I should make myself scarce so this is what I'm doing." I said opening the door. The giant was standing there with his domineering self. My body instantly came alive. Later on, I needed to have a little chat with my body, it can't be reacting like this every time the giant was present..."hi." I greeted shyly. He grunted. He was checking me out. Oh my gosh! I wonder what he thought about what I was wearing. He returned his eyes to mine when he was done with his checking, and they were blazing hot people. I held my breath.
Zano: "Fuck me." He muttered gruffly. I blushed.
Mother: "Oh I see that you're going out with your man." She called out from the couch. I rolled my eyes. The giant's eyes went over me to where my mother and her boyfriend were on the couch. He frowned and narrowed his eyes.
Zano: "Lets go." He said after a short while making way for me to pass him. He closed the door behind me and we went for the lift.
Me: "Still not going to tell me where we're going?" He grunted. I guess not..."I shouldn't be worried right?" I asked nervously.
Zano: "Worried about what?" He asked frowning. I wondered if he ever smiled. I'm sure he looked very handsome when he smiled. But the giant didn't look like the smiling type..."woman stop daydreaming and answer me." He demanded. So annoying!
Me: "I shouldn't be worried that you're taking me to a place where you can...kill me?" I tried saying it as a joke but a part of me was worried. You could never be too sure people.
Zano: "Woman, don't be stupid." He growled. I guess today wasn't the day that I died. Thank God.

We were inside his car now.
Zano: "Seatbelt...woman." He ordered. I huffed.
Me: "You know, I like my name very much, so I would really appreciate it if you would use it when you refer to me." I told him whilst putting on my seatbelt. He grunted..."if you insist in calling me 'woman', I would be forced to call you 'giant'." I told him. He just shrugged and drove off... "so you wouldn't mind if I called you giant?"
Zano: "Don't care woman as long as you call me something." He said dismissively. Oh okay. I wasn't expecting that, I thought he would hate it. I was counting on it so that it would make him stop calling me woman.
Me: "Okay giant." He grunted. I smiled. He looked at me...actually at my mouth. I shivered involuntarily. He cleared his throat and returned his eyes to the road.
Zano: "How was...church?" He asked awkwardly. I could see that he wasn't used to making conversation. But it was kind of sweet that he was trying to make one with me.
Me: "Well, it wasn't a service or anything. We were cooking soup for the less fortunate, so it was good, it made me feel good." I told him smiling. He took his eyes away from the road for a short while to look at me, then he returned them to the road. I didn't understand the look he had in his eyes when he had looked at me just a second ago, but it caused my heart beat to increase and my tummy to flutter. Silence filled the car. Surprisingly, it was uncomfortable silence but even so, I hate silence..."so I was thinking that I should go to the service tomorrow. It has been a while since I have been to the church service. Do you want to go with me?"
Zano: "No."
Me: "Just no?" I asked him surprised.
Zano: "Church is not for me, woman...okay?"
Me: "Church is for everyone." I informed him.
Zano: "Woman, I'm not going to go to any church okay? Drop it." He said in a hard voice. Oh my gosh! I huffed out angrily and looked through my window. He didn't need to be rude. He sighed..."fuck me." He muttered. Yes I agreed, fuck him..."look woman, don't take it personally, but church and me don't go well together." He explained uncomfortably.
Me: "I hear you, but you didn't have to be rude." I pointed out. He breathed out.
Zano: "I'm sorry." He said awkwardly. I looked at him.
Me: "You're not used to apologizing to anyone, are you?" He grunted.
Zano: "Woman, I don't apologize at all." Why doesn't that surprise me? Typical giant!
Me: "Then, what made me special?" I asked teasingly. He groaned unhappily. I laughed..."you like me, don't you giant?" I asked smiling. He grunted annoyed..."come on, you can admit it." I encouraged.
Zano: "Shut up woman, you talk too much." He growled. I laughed. The giant likes me! That really made me happy.

We were at a braai people. The giant took me to a braai! Now for people who don't know what this term means, I will explain. A braai is more like a chill session where friends or family come together and grill meat, have drinks and you know, socialize. So this is where the giant had taken me to. I have no problem with going to a braai, it is very nice and all, but the problem here was that I didn't know anyone here besides the giant and his friend Xolile. It's nice coming to a braai with people you know because a braai was all about socializing and reminiscing with friends or family about the good times you've had together, and also women gossiped a lot in this gathering. So just imagine attending a braai where you don't know anyone except for the person who brought you here and their friend, and they were both men. It was bad people, because what usually happens at a braai is that the men chilled together outside at the grill section since they're the ones who grilled the meat, and the women were usually spread out around the house, some would be in the kitchen catching up and gossiping whilst spicing the meat, and making salads etc, and some would be in the living area obviously gossiping too whilst drinking. So now I'm probably sure you understand why this was bad, and it was even worse for a person who had my shy personality. I should've told the giant that I wasn't good with people, that I wasn't good with socializing.

Being bullied in high school made me the odd one out, so I was never good with being around people. I was always alone. Now this setting reminded me of when I was still in high school. To say people were surprised that the giant brought a woman was an understatement. People were really surprised; I could see it when the giant introduced me in his weird way, you guys know how he's like. I would say the women were the most surprised. Some women were sassing me out, turning down their noses at me. I wanted to go home, but I didn't want to be that girl who was annoying. I didn't want to annoy the giant. The other thing that was a challenge was the age difference. All the women here were older than me, so I was practically the baby. I could see that the women were wondering why the giant chose me to bring with to the braai. I sighed. The giant had said that I should come to him if there was a problem. But I wasn't going to do that, I didn't want to be a whiner. Xolile's girlfriend was quite nice, but she had her own squad. So here I was, being the awkward fat chick. I sighed. I really wished Fiona and Andy were here with me, at least they understood me. The other women were even gossiping about me. Whatever! I was so over this braai.

I went outside; there was even a swimming pool here. This was a beautiful house. I walked around the swimming pool. I felt like crying but I was holding back the tears, I didn't want to be a cry baby. I took off my shoes, rolled up my jeans and dipped my feet in the water. No one was near the pool area, everyone was far out. Good. I didn't want to be seen by anyone, especially the giant. If he saw me, I knew he would know what was wrong. After a long while of kicking my feet under the water, I heard commotion coming from the house, the music had even stopped playing. I wondered what was happening. I heard shouting, and I stood up and took my shoes and walked towards the house to see what was going on. I could hear someone shouting angrily...actually it was more like growling angrily. "Where is she?!" I wondered who was the 'she' person who was causing so much commotion. When I got to the house, I would never forget what I saw until the day I died. Plates that had snacks on them were all over the floor broken. There were broken pieces of the plates, chips, sweets...everything that you could think of that was considered as snacks were a mess all over the floor. And the giant, yes my giant people was acting like a crazy person. He was getting in the faces of all the women and shouting "Where is she?!" "What did you do to her?!" "If something happens to her, I will kill you!" He was yelling each one of those words right in their faces. The women were so terrified, others were even crying. Xolile and some other dude were trying to calm him down but failing. He was like a wild bull in a cage wanting to come out. It became apparent to me that he was looking for me. I was shocked. My mouth was literally hanging open.

Xolile saw me, and I could see the relief in his eyes.
Xolile: "Hey Z man, here she is man. She's fine. You see?" He informed the giant pointing at me. The giant stopped what he was doing and turned to face me. His eyes were wild...crazy wild. I swallowed. I walked tentatively towards him, because he was frozen but he was breathing so heavily like a wild animal. Oh my gosh! I just went to the swimming pool for like 10 minutes! What happened in that short period of time that made him react like this? When I was about a feet away from him, he grabbed me and pulled me into his arms. He hugged me tightly. His body was shaking badly. After a long while of him squeezing me half to death, he loosened his hold but not completely, then he started to ran his nose all over my neck. Oh my gosh! He was breathing me in and sniffing me at the same time. I don't know how it was possible but that's what he was doing. My private parts squeezed tightly. This was seriously not the time to get aroused....