Chapter 38 - "The Mission"

Me: Okay I promise I won't." I said looking at my engagement ring sniffing. It was really stunning and it looked good on my finger. Oh my gosh! I was engaged people! I was getting married to the giant! I couldn't believe it. Even with the ring,  it still felt like I was dreaming. I wonder who helped him go pick out the ring because it looked too beautiful to picked out by him alone. Haha... "did you have any help in picking out the ring?" He grunted. I giggled. He looked annoyed about something. I wonder what happened.
Zano: "Those bastards were no help at all. I don't know why they came along."
Me: "So nobody helped?"
Zano: "Nobody. Just chose the ring that looked as beautiful as my woman." There goes my heart! This giant! I was glad he gave me the ring now because I was really feeling a lot better. Yes, I was still heartbroken about my mother but I wasn't going to focus on that now... "do you really like it?" I smiled. He seemed a little unsure of himself. Aww my giant!
Me: "I love it." I kissed him lightly on the lips... "thank you for this." He gave me a hard and bruising kiss that left my lips tingling. Yum!
Zano: "Anything for my woman." He declared.
Me: "I can't believe we're getting married." I said excitedly. I couldn't take my eyes off the ring. I wish you guys could've seen it. I was in awe. Absolutely breathtaking I tell you.
Zano: "I can't wait to make you my wife." He growled squeezing my ass possessively.
Me: "I still say 5 months is too soon Zano-."
Zano: "Be glad I'm not dragging you to the court this instant woman. 5 months is as far I can wait to claim you. You know my patience is not good especially when it concerns you." Yes I knew. I sighed. I wasn't going to win so I dropped it.
Me: "But your mother wants a big wedding and I want-."
Zano: "Baby you have my heart but that's between you and her." He cut me off.
Me: "So you're not going to get involved in any planning for our wedding?" He frowned like he was disgusted by the idea.
Zano: "No." This man! I huffed.
Me: "But it's our wedding!" He grunted.
Zano: "I know woman. But that whole planning shit is for women." He said it in that way of his. I rolled my eyes. What did I expect? He had done the same thing when it came to choosing the decor for the apartment. He just threw me with his bank card. I blew out a breath annoyed and pouted. He grunted and nipped my chin playfully... "you have my heart baby..." He whispered gruffly against my neck.
Me: "That's not going to make forgive you." Liar! Shut up brain! He started kissing and sucking on my neck. This was his favorite thing to do. Leaving his marks all over my neck and body was his hobby, especially on my neck. We once had an argument about it since the marks were visible to other people which made me embarrassingly shy and uncomfortable when his friends gave me knowing looks when they saw the marks. The twins had fun giving me hell about them. He told me that he liked it when people saw his marks on me especially his friends. He said the marks were a statement of ownership to the male species. Basically the marks screamed that I'm taken and that men should back off. So this is to say, I didn't win the argument. Such a possessive ass! You guys know how he is. I decided to also choose my battles when it came to the giant because he was who he was and arguing with him when I knew I wasn't going to win was pointless and stressful. The only things I would fight him on are those that went against my beliefs, morals and values. And he also knows this. So I let him leave his stupid marks on my neck. I just covered them up with a scarf when I went to respective places like church... "Zano there's still the lobola issue." I said after a while. I was breathing a little heavily. I was aroused obviously. Don't judge me people! My neck was sensitive okay. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me. His eyes were lazy. My man looked sexy when he was aroused. Yum!
Zano: "I told you I'll sort it out. Trust me baby." Oh gosh! I really liked it when he called me baby, especially when his voice was all gruff and husky with arousal.
Me: "I trust you." I whispered. And I really did. He smiled. Oh my gosh! The giant's smiles still rendered me speechless people and I still stared in awe when he gifted me with them. He was smiling and laughing a little more now but those times were still not as frequent as I wanted them to be. I wanted him to smile and laugh every day...every minute...every second.
Zano: "Shit. I know that look." The smile was gone. I laughed.
Me: "What look?" I feigned ignorance. He grunted.
Zano: "You know exactly which look I'm talking about." He narrowed his eyes at me.
Me: "I don't." I denied laughing.
Zano: "I wish Zano could smile and laugh more." He said imitating my voice badly. I laughed hard. He's so annoying!
Me: "I don't speak like that!" He grunted.
Zano: "Whatever. But that's the look you give me before you say that shit." I rolled my eyes. It was.
Me: "Whatever. Let me go and cook. I literally have like 2 hours before my shift starts." I said getting off him.
Zano: "I told you, you don't have to work woman." He said pulling me to him.
Me: "Zano we talked about this." He grunted unhappily against my boobs.
Zano: "I just want to give you everything Busi. We're getting married. Everything that's mine is yours already."
Me: "But I want my independence Zano. I hate that I came into this relationship without having anything."
Zano: "I don't care about that. You're my woman and soon you'll be my wife. Don't expect me to let my wife work her ass off at my restaurant as a waiter!" He said angrily.
Me: "Zano please. This matters to me okay. I just want to earn my way and contribute in this relationship." He growled.
Zano: "You contribute. You put up with me." I rolled my eyes and released a frustrated laugh.
Me: "That's not contributing Zano. You know what I mean." He grunted.
Zano: "Money means nothing to me. I have enough for the both of us."
Me: "Zano-."
Zano: "I'm not saying that you shouldn't work at all. All I'm saying is that now you don't work. Just focus on your studies. Then when you finish, you'll look for work that has to do with your profession." I huffed... "I really don't want you working like you don't have a man to support you. You always come back from your shift dog ass tired and you don't get paid enough for you to slave yourself like that." I chuckled a little.
Me: "But technically you pay me since it's your restaurant. So can we negotiate a raise boss?" I joked.
Zano: "I'm being serious Busisiwe." I sighed.
Me: "Zano I'm going to be late. Let's talk about this another time okay?" I kissed him.
Zano: "Busi-." I kissed him again cutting him off.
Me: "I love you. Thank you for the ring. You made my forever." He sighed defeated... "now let me go so I can start cooking." I said pulling away from and going to the kitchen.
Zano: "This is not over woman!" He shouted at my back.

I took a cab home because the giant had texted me during my break that he had to go to the base. Every time when he mentioned the base I thought about that day of the shootout. The day I found out what the giant's work entailed of. It seemed a decade ago now but in reality it was just a few months ago...two months actually. I still get shakes and nightmares sometimes when I thought about that day. I nearly died people. The things we get ourselves in. I was so tired. I kept drowsing off. This waitressing shit was taking a toll on me. Luckily I was done with the school year so I wouldn't have to worry about school until next year. I was looking forward to doing my 3rd year though. My phone rang. It was the giant. I picked up.
Me: "Mm..." I mumbled.
Zano: "This is what I was talking about earlier on. Hear how you sound. You're exhausted." I sighed yawning. I really didn't have the energy for this conversation... "is George the one driving you home?"
Me: "Yes." He grunted his approval. The giant always called George the cab driver to take me home if he couldn't. He didn't want me taking other cabs or even to call an Uber. He trusted George. Apparently George can protect me if need be. George looked around the giant's age. He was also big like the giant. I never thought I would meet someone who was big as the giant. I had been shocked the first time I saw him. It's uncanny how even their personalities were so similar. The only difference being that I've yet to hear George speak. No joke! He only grunts. Yes, like the giant. And he nods or shakes his head. I don't know why but I always had this strange feeling that he wasn't really a cab driver. Crazy right? Maybe it's just me being overly suspicious.
Zano: "Good. I called to tell you goodnight and good morning baby. I won't be home until tomorrow afternoon. And I'll be unreachable on the phone until then." That made me alert.
Me: "What? Why?" I asked panicked. He's never stayed out a full night before. He growled unhappily.
Zano: "Just somebody's shit that I need to fix. Nothing new." I heard commotion in the background. I think I also heard X-man's voice shouting angrily.
Me: "But-."
Zano: "I need to go woman. You have my heart." He hung up. Wait...what? I tried calling him back but it was on voicemail. He switched off his phone! I was panicking now. Yes, he told me that he wouldn't be reachable until tomorrow afternoon but I didn't think he meant like right at this moment. I mean I didn't even say goodbye properly. I didn't even get the chance to tell him that I loved him! This seemed like a big mission. Bigger that the ones he had been doing these past months. Would he be in danger? I mean they dealt with guns people! What if...? I was hyperventilating a little. I couldn't deal with this people. I thought I could. Is this what I have to deal with for the rest of our lives?.....................