𝐕𝐈

𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨

"Draco, what takes you so long!" the knocking on my door and the shouts, leaving my best friends mouth, make me want to let myself fall back into my bed.

"God, shut up Blaise! I'm coming."

I put on my Slytherin tie and I take a glance in the mirror, touching the blue circles under my eyes. I have to admit, that I look dreadful. The lack of sleep and the lot of work, I have to do every day, don't have the best effect on me.

I splash cold water in my face once more to wake myself up and I leave my bathroom to put on my shoes.

"Blaise I swear to god if you keep doing that I will cut your hand off!" I shout in annoyance when I hear the knocks on my door appear again.

The rings on my desk soon can be found on my fingers and when I'm all dressed, I stroll to the other side of my room, opening the door to take in the sight of the tall boy who is waiting for me.

"Finally! What were you doing in there?"

"What kind of question is that? I was just getting ready, but your annoying ass makes it difficult to actually pay attention to the act of dressing myself." my answer causes him to chuckle and the both of us are on the way to the common room.

"The others already left, because they were starving, but I wanted to make sure that you are up and that you get something to eat." he says while looking at me and I just roll my eyes at him.

"Well, thanks. But next time you can just go with the others."

"Oh shut up man and appreciate that I care for you." I try to suppress the smile that wants to appear on my lips, but I can't manage it completely.

It's weird, hearing someone telling you that you actually mean something to them. I usually don't believe it when someone says it to me, but it is different with Blaise.

He is my best mate since first year and I honestly give a shit about his words. We are at the point, where we tell the other the truth, no matter how stupid it might sound to others. At least Blaise follows the rule, we've set up a few years ago.

I'm not lying to him about daily stuff; I tell him the exact words I'm thinking and he doesn't care about how harsh or rude they are, because he knows that's just who I am. I'm just lying to him about the part, that makes my life not worth living at the moment.

There are days where I want to talk to him about everything. I know he wouldn't judge me for what I have to do, because he would probably do the same. But I just can't tell him. I don't want him to see me as the boy who does everything wrong. Of course there is the possibility that he already thinks that of me, but I don't want to risk it anyway.

I hate it. I hate the fact that I have no one to talk to, even though there are people who would listen. I hate that I have to do all this shit just because my father is a prat. This task is harder than I've imagined and it feels like I haven't even started properly. No progress so far and I don't want to think about the punishment I might receive if I fail.

"You good?" Blaise asks, looking at my arm.

I haven't noticed that I started to scratch the burning spot on my forearm. I'm lucky that I've put a concealing charm on my mark this morning, making it impossible to see the skull engraved in my skin.

"What? Yeah I'm fine. Just got bitten by a fly." I lie in his face, but he seems satisfied with my answer.

We leave the dungeons to make our way to the Great Hall. The corridors are quiet, because everyone is already sitting with their friends in the large dining area.