𝐋𝐕𝐈

𝐀𝐝𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚

I want to be carried away.

I want to be held without worrying about stumbling over the obstacles that might lay ahead of me. I want to let my feet dangle while enjoying the summer breeze that is kissing my cheeks and I long to feel they joy starting to rise inside my stomach and up to my heart. The feeling of safety and freedom all at once is what I long to experience, being held and transported into a world in which no one expects me to perform the way that is praised to be the right one.

Perhaps being carried away is the wrong expression for the need I feel in every bone. It's not that I'm not please to spend my time in the place I can currently find myself in. It's not that my body feels like it's going to shut myself out if I were to stay here for longer, not that I experience some kind of anxiety or repulsion which would lead me to feel as if going away were the only solution to regain my inner peace.

Carry me ahead, is what I want to tell the voice in my head. Let me stay here and instead of ridding me from this place, simply allow me to move forward - ahead.

"You want me to carry you?" Draco replies to my request I have spoken aloud only moments ago.

I nod my head, sending him a smile and holding his hand a little bit tighter.

"Do your feet hurt? I'm sorry, princess, I wouldn't have taken you with me if I knew."

"No Draco, I'm feeling brilliant, I just want you to carry me for a bit."

Without asking another question, he lowers himself to the ground and causing me to stop behind him. I'm not exactly sure why I'm practically drowning in happiness right now, but with a smile placed on my lips, I don't waste another minute and finally swing my arms around his neck.

"Can you hold me? I hope I'm not too heavy Draco, is this alright?" I whisper in his ear once he stood up and began walking with me on his back.

"I've never felt lighter my love." I start laughing at his answer, moving my head to the side of his face and recognising the faint smirk that urges me to hold onto him a bit tighter.

"I mean it, just in case you thought I was joking. I like carrying you around and feeling your breath in my ear." he says while giving my hand a light squeeze by laying his on top of mine. "There is no way you would ever be too heavy for me Adhara."

I say nothing else, just resting my head against his and closing my eyes in order to listen to his shoes collide with the path and hearing the birds whistling in the background.

Peace is all I have been experiencing these past months and as weird and illogical it might appear, I feel guilty for not having to worry as much as I used to. I certainly am happy to be where I am and with the person I so dearly love, yet I can't help but wonder how I deserved to be better if I wasn't the one who did something for my improvement.

He was all I needed in order to lighten up the dark parts of my life. He was the reason for why my loneliness and desperation turned into delight and enjoyment which finally ended up as love - the sensation I have never felt this strongly before.

He is my saviour, my guideline, my hero. The person who brought me back to life when all I wanted to do was let myself fade away in hope of never having to appear again. He picked me up without thinking twice. He carried me away from my damaged self and carried me ahead to the new and healthier version of me - the girl whose heart waited so long to finally be recognised and repaired in every way. He is my sun in a storm, my water within a fire and my heaven on earth.

And I did absolutely nothing to deserve him.

"I love you." I whisper into his ear and kiss his sensitive skin.