𝐗𝐗𝐗

𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨

"Are you ready?"

I'm stretching out my hand, giving her access to grab it which she immediately does.

"Yes." she is wearing a smile and a give her one as a response, though mine fades away as soon as she is positioned next to me and not in front of me.

My eyes are fixated on her side profile, examining the way she did her make-up and the way her hair falls straight over her shoulders. Next, they move further down, taking in the sight of her black evening gown which partway gives me access to look at her leg because of the slit that is revealing her skin.

She looks good.

Astoria looks good.

The two of us are walking in the dark corridor, only thousands of small, floating lights are enabling me to see her and the other students who pass us.

If I'm being honest, I would rather go back to my dorm instead of going to the New-Year's-Dance. I've been working the whole day, probably haven't slept for more than three or four hours and all I want to do is let myself fall on my bed. I don't necessarily need to sleep because I don't even think that I'd be able to, I just want to do nothing.

Well, that didn't work out as I wished it would. Blaise literally forced me to attend today's evening and Astoria's sad but at the same time happy eyes caused me to feel bad too, so I couldn't let her down because I've already done that multiple times before.

The voices that seemed so far away are now getting louder and louder until I can see where they are coming from. The entrance door to the Great Hall is wide open, revealing the decorated area which is filled with more people than I can count.

It looks like it did at the Yule Ball, only a bit nicer I'd say. Snow is falling from the enchanted ceiling and for a short time I hoped to feel it on my skin, feel the coldness melt because of the warmer temperature my face has. It doesn't happen though because the snowflakes are disappearing before they can reach any person.

"Come dance with me, Draco." Astoria says happily, still holding my arm tightly.

At this point, I need a drink.

I won't dance, not when I'm sober which unfortunately, I am. The bar with the drinks is not far from here, but Astoria is already slowly walking towards the dance floor, smile never disappearing from her face and as much as I need to feel the stinging sensation in my throat, I give in.

"Only one." I say and I see how her lips drop for a moment, but they immediately light up her face again.

She really is pretty which makes the attitude I have towards her even more confusing. I could have her if I wanted to. I could see her pretty face every day and not only when pearls of sweat are forming on her forehead, eyes fallen shut because of the pleasure she is receiving.

I could, but I don't want to.

It's fucking stupid and I don't understand why I'm like that, but something about her seems a bit too pretty maybe, a bit to flawless. She is the opposite to me and a lot of people say that opposites attract each other, but not in that case.

Right now, I feel how her right hand carefully holds the left hand of mine. I feel how her other five fingers are placed right on the back of my neck, feel how she is lightly touching the collar of my black suit. She could press herself closer to me which she probably wants to do, but she doesn't.

Is she scared that I will push her away? Is she scared that I will yell at her again for doing something I didn't order her to do?

I guess she is.