𝐗𝐈𝐗

𝐀𝐝𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚

There are two different types of people.

Some don't wait for time to pass. They do what they have to do or what they want to do immediately, not letting time pass. For them it probably is easier to fulfil their duty as soon as they get to know about it because no matter how much time passes, they have to do it anyway sooner or later. The longer you wait, the harder it gets to encourage yourself to start.

A lot of things are connected with motivation and from my own experience I know that motivation fades with time. This could also be a reason why some people like to finish assignments as soon as they get them. Of course you don't always like what you have to do, but in most cases the voice in your head tells you that it would be useful to just get over with it, not needing to torture yourself longer than necessary.

On the other side there are people who see time as a chance, an opportunity. If you have to deal with a task for which you only have a limited amount of time, you can't just put it aside and wait until time shows you the perfect solution. It isn't important if you finish your duty the day you got the assignment or the day it is due, as long as you have it everything is fine. This specific group of people tends to act at the last minute. 'I can still do it tomorrow' is a sentence they tell themselves even though they know that it won't happen.

As long as it is not today, it is fine. As long as I can enjoy my day, not thinking about what I have to do, I'm good. I still have time, there is no need to rush things that can wait a little longer.

Sometimes, you are the one who sets up the assignment along with the rules. You don't have to listen to what others have to say because it is your job to get done with it, disregarding when it happens. People who see time as a form of escape don't act immediately.

They wait.

They wait until the right moment has come and if that doesn't happen a few weeks after they came up with the idea, they can wait a little longer.

But not everything is about seeing the endless amount of time as a stress relief. In most cases, people who tend to postpone their task are afraid of doing the wrong thing too fast. Of course, everyone is different, but that is how I relate to it.

I have the chance to finish what I want to do as soon as I come up with the idea, but I don't do it. I wait because even though I know what to do, I feel like I have no idea how to actually begin. 'Time brings me answers' is a quote I often rely on even if I know that it is not always true.

Right now, I'm sitting in my room, having woken up earlier than I wanted to because I realised that time wouldn't help me in this simple situation. It's just a conversation, nothing more. I can't do much wrong with a few questions, but still I ask myself if it even makes sense to start with it now if I could've seized that chance six days ago.

This time I don't feel like I have every time in the world, that the conversation isn't running away from me. At this particular moment I feel like time has overrun me and I'm trying to keep up with it, not wanting to let it slip out of my sight.

Time doesn't stop even though I'm stuck. It keeps running and it doesn't care if I'm behind. Time only shows me where I'm standing and right now I notice that I have to act soon, not being able to afford losing the opportunity to get hold of information I desire.

I've let myself carry away in a situation in which that wouldn't have been necessary and now I hope that I'm not too late.

Realistically speaking, it never is too late to get answers but I still have the feeling that he doesn't see it like that.