𝐗𝐗𝐈

𝐀𝐝𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚

𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟼

"One decision has the power to strengthen you, to make you and your life better."

My eyes wander up to meet his, staring into them in shock.

"I never thought I would say that, but these last months your brain has made a considerable increase." I say, smiling at him in disbelieve of the truth of his words.

"Should I take this as an insult or a compliment?"

"Both I think." nudging his arm, we continue walking in the direction of the Great Hall.

I'm confused and astonished all at once, not having expected to hear such words out of my best friend's mouth. 

Blaise is right, though. 

Decisions are a usual and strange part of our life, but they lie in our hands, in my hands, and only I can decide what to do. It can go terribly wrong, but at the same time it can turn out to be the best choice I have ever made.

'It has the power to make you and your life better.' this sounds like an option everyone would wish for, so why not use it. Why would anyone make a decision that is so obviously wrong, if you know that the other option is the right one, the one that brings you everything you wished for?

"You know what? I take it as a compliment. I feel really clever lately, like I've become a philosopher or anything like that."

"But how? How did all that happen? I mean you are still stupid, even you know that, but you have changed so much and at the same time you haven't changed at all."

The both of us are looking ahead and not at each other, waiting for him to say something.

"Pansy." he says and the moment his voice reaches my ears, everything makes sense.

"I will tell you, but swear that you won't treat me like the most insane person."

"You know I wouldn't do that, I swear." my mouth shuts tightly after promising him, allowing him to speak freely.

I can't tell if he feels pressured to talk about her with me or if he feels relieved to finally say everything he can't say directly to her.

"I know that you know what a perfect person she is, but in real life you have no idea how perfect she really is. God, it feels so weird to say everything out loud." 

"It doesn't have to be. If it helps, you can just pretend that I'm not here." I encourage him to continue, letting out everything he wants to or everything that has to be let out nevertheless if he wants it to or not.

"I never felt drawn towards her until I noticed that she liked me. You know we have been friends since forever, but when the feelings she had towards me became more obvious, I got scared that everything is going to fall apart. That moment, I didn't know that she would be the one who would take care of everything, who would look out for me and who would guarantee that nothing would fall apart."

The words he is speaking are not even directed to me, but all the emotions he feels get teleported to me too, letting me feel a trickle of everything that is going on inside him. 

I don't want to interrupt him, don't want to say anything because I wouldn't find the right words anyway, so I just link arms with him.

Seeing him looking down at me with this big smile placed on his face, I know that I made the right move.