𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈

𝐀𝐝𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚

„Ready?"

His head turns around, gaze meeting mine and nodding his head once.

„Yeah, I think I have everything." he speaks, bending down to pick up the bag with his clothes, but before he can actually take hold of it, I grab it.

„No, you are not carrying that."

„Adhara, I'm not letting you take my stuff when I'm perfectly fine to do it myself."

He is annoyed, I can see it at the way the space between his eyebrows is tensed, a small wrinkle now sitting on his skin.

Draco is making a move in attempt of taking his bag away from me, but as soon as his arm reaches out, he immediately pulls it back, a pained noise leaving his mouth.

„Yeah, no. You're not fine so stop acting like you are and take my hand so we can finally leave."

His eyes wander to one of the empty beds around us, not wanting to lock eyes with me for any longer. I wish I could hear his thoughts, see the pictures his mind produces so that maybe I could tell him the one thing he needs to hear, to maybe remove the blockage that causes us both to remain standing in the Hospital Wing.

I can't help but think about the one sentence he said to me, the words that carved themselves into my skin and keep ringing in my ears.

„I'm fucking alive because of you."

Me. He is mad at me. The boy standing in front of me is not able to look me in the eyes and when he does, it doesn't feel the same. He is viewing me as some kind of danger because every time he steals a glimpse of my face, he feels the need to forget about it again, to look away and never risk seeing what he saw.

„I know that you are mad at me Draco, but I'll just help you get to your room and then I'll-"

„What? I'm not- I'm not mad at you. What makes you think that?"

His eyes are wide, staring at me without blinking and now I feel like he is the danger. He seems like a time bomb, waiting for the seconds to pass until he can blow up. The longer he keeps staring at me, the more uncomfortable I feel and even though I longed to see his eyes, I now wish he would give me a break from them.

„Alright then." I say, wanting to erase the look he has in his eyes. „Can we go now, because if you are not mad at me, I don't see a reason for why we should stay here any longer."

None of us is saying anything else, standing there in silence and without moving one single part of our body. He is staring at me while I stare right back, trying to read him in order to figure out what bothers him.

At some point, he is taking a step closer to me, stretching out his right pointer finger while a smile tugs at my lips, gladly taking his offer.

„Let's go." I whisper, softly urging the boy to move.

„Wait."

Draco is not mad. He is scared.

I can see it so clearly now and I wonder how I haven't noticed it sooner. Fear is written in his eyes, a person hammering against his lens and begging to be let out. Draco is the person who is captured, trying so hard to escape his own body that is holding him in place.