𝐋𝐈𝐈

𝐀𝐝𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚

"It's quite easy, princess, you only need to relax a bit."

His voice is so calm even after nearly an hour of trying to help me, sending me a reassuring smile although I wish he would just stop.

Stop talking to me.

Stop pretending that he isn't annoyed with me.

Simply stop.

"I don't know how to do it." I whisper, taking in a deep breath before meeting his gaze once more. "All this time it worked okay, but now that I need it, nothing works anymore. I shouldn't have chosen that, I should've taken someth-"

Our foreheads are inches apart, staring into his eyes so deeply that I must ask myself whether I'm seeing anything at all.

He is so close to me and it must look ridiculous how my eyeballs are moving from left to right, trying to figure out where to look at first because the grey is so dominating, the splashes of blue so beautiful that I wish I could take in everything at once, inhaling the colours but not letting them disappear out of his face.

"Don't say that. You can do it, I know you can and I will help you for as long as you need me."

Suddenly, I need him forever.

I don't want to quit studying anymore because I like hearing him speak to me, like the way he has to lean in to show me the different numbers inside the textbook, placing kisses on top of my head when I finally get something right.

"Will you help me?"

A library is a quiet space, no interruptions welcomed and yet the boy next to me is laughing - not the loud kind of laugh that fills up an entire room, but it's loud enough for the other people at our table to notice, heads turning at us and waiting for an explanation which they won't get.

"Didn't you hear what I just said?" the sound has left him, only the grin being visible on his face. "Of course, and now focus, princess."

The chart is getting viewed by me, hearing the explanation of the different numbers getting thrown in my direction while I try to follow Draco's hand movement, wanting to understand the connection between everything.

We write, we talk, we cross out and start again; that's all we've been doing for the past days and for the first time after only experiencing failures, I manage to predict a part of my future.

I don't understand the meaning behind it, but Draco seems to be happy with me so I am too.

"See? Not that hard if you only know how and where to start. You will do well in your exam, love, believe me."

Happiness and success must taste sweet, right? In my head it carries a good taste, something you never want to get out of your mouth and I hope he can taste the way I'm feeling right now.

I pressed my lips against his, thanking him in a way that might not be proper for a library, but at least we are quiet, not disturbing the others by making sounds while on the inside I can hear his voice beating inside me heart.

Of course it's not really his voice, I know that, but every time his tongue gets in contact with mine, it's like a piece of my heart gets swapped out - a new rhythm beating inside my chest and I can't help but imagine it as Draco's voice.

I love you.

That's all it says, all it lets me feel. Three words that have the power to pump blood through my body, three words that are the key to my whole being - unlocking all the doors I never knew have been closed for all my life.