𝐋𝐈𝐕

𝐀𝐝𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚

I'm running on a field, passing the trees so fast that all I can see are the green dots rushing past me while my eyes lie ahead on something that looks so nice that I'm not even sure if I myself know what I'm seeing.

My body is standing still, world beginning to circle me and letting all the colours of my environment merge together. I'm not moving but everything else is, time passing in slow motion and yet it's like everything is happening so much faster.

Perhaps I'm running, maybe I'm standing motionless. All I know is that the wind is slapping against my face and brushing through my hair, dress moving according to the breeze and skin being so warm because of the summer wind.

I know this feeling, have felt it so many times but I'm convinced that the air usually doesn't give me this sensation of warmth that is so much warmer than the sun has ever let my skin feel like. It doesn't refreshen my nose once I inhale, not smelling like nature normally scents like. My feet are still moving or staying put, wind putting a layer around me and automatically giving me the feeling that I'm home, that I could stop sprinting because I've finally reached the place I was looking for or that now is the time to finally let the world around me lie still while I begin to let my feet collide with the ground in order to move further along - wanting to explore the breeze I call my home and testing for how long it will stay with me.

The sun suddenly decides to fade away, colours turning transparent and then a shade of black takes over and yet the wind doesn't stop reaching my skin.

Home feels so warm and comfortable, I think.

"Good morning, princess."

And it can speak; the wind can speak and it sounds so familiar although the darkness of my room doesn't allow me to see where the voice comes from, only the outline of him being visible to me but that's alright because I can at least feel him blow his breath against my forehead before what feels like his lips place a kiss on my face which could call my dreams back, putting me on the field which never seemed to end.

Without having time to think, I take hold of his cold hand that reached for mine, pulling away the blanket that kept me in my dreams for a bit longer until I'm finally stood up, goosebumps rising on my skin and attempting to make out the face that is staring at me even though I could never forget what he actually looks like.

Once the door opens, a flash of light reaches my eyes and causes me to squeeze them shut so that the pain no longer has any chance to house in me.

"Draco." I whisper, being brave enough to look at him through my narrowed eyes. "What are you doing here."

"I'm going to get you ready."

Maybe it's the early hour that doesn't allow my brain to tell me what's going on or perhaps it is the fact that I truly am clueless.

"Ready? For what?"

Instead of receiving an answer to my question, his lips get in contact with mine before the boy turn around just to face me again, now having my hairbrush in his grip.

"You are a deep sleeper, did you know that?" his voice comes from behind me, fingers touching my hair and eyes staring at me through the mirror above my sink.

"Am I?"

"Yeah." silence falls between us for a short time, Draco being too focused on sectioning my hair. "I thought you were having a bad dream again because you didn't wake up. You weren't, right? Having a nightmare I mean."

My mouth acts on its own, a tired smile spreading across my face and locking eye contact with the pair that aren't truly his but the reflection of the ocean.