𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈

𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨

„Hey."

Swollen eyes are staring at me, teeth biting on the inside of her cheek.

I didn't expect anyone to show up, didn't expect Pansy to knock on my door this early in the morning.

„Are you okay?" I asks, not knowing what else to say.

Her hands are wiping over her eyes, erasing the single tear drops that have escaped them before she takes a few small steps towards me.

Carefully, she wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me closer to her and even though she is so close to me, holding me so tight, it feels like she is miles away. I can't remember the last time she hugged me, can't remember when she last craved to have me near her.

„I'm sorry." her whisper reaches my ear, sounding like an echo that keeps repeating her two simple yet so affecting words.

A few minutes ago, I've been feeling hot, undressing my torso to let the heat leave my body, and just now I feel like someone has put me outside, leaving me to the battle against the deadly cold. Goosebumps are covering my skin, heart pounding against the one that lies in her chest.

„What are you sorry for, Pansy?"

At the sound of my voice, I can feel how her muscles tense slightly, trying to get even closer to me but leaving enough space to let both of us breathe.

„I'm sorry I didn't notice."

I've seen every version of the girl in front of me, have heard every tone of her voice in every possible situation. Yet I feel like I just discovered a new one, a side of Pansy I haven't seen before and when I think about it, I wish I could erase this moment from existence so that I would never have to discover the pain she is able to carry in her voice, the softness with which she speaks to me.

„You're my best friend and I didn't notice that you were feeling that bad. I'm your best friend and I thought I was doing a good job, I thought I knew you better than anyone but I didn't notice how- I didn't see-"

With every time she inhales, her voice gets shakier while speaking, feeling how a few hot splashes of water find their way on my shoulder.

Her sentence gets interrupted by me, hand lying flat on the back of her head just to find the right moment to occasionally pat her softly. „Let's go inside, we don't have to talk and give the others the chance to listen to us, don't you think?"

She is nodding her head, slowly letting go of me and giving me the possibility to close the door, leaving us both alone in a room that must give her horrible images in her head, images she can only try to recreate without ever truly knowing how it really had been like that day.

Together, we sit down on my bed, feeling how her gaze is burning on the side of my face but it takes me a few seconds to pluck up the courage to look at her, my best friend.

„I'm sorry, Draco. I should've been there for you and I should've payed more attention. I'm so sorry."

Pansy's eyes flicker between mine and my shoulder, trying to figure out whether I would be okay with having her near me again or not.

With every second I don't say anything in return and simply watch her, her eyes start to become more blurry, lips trembling slightly.

It tickles - feeling her hair against my skin I mean - but I don't push her away because I just reduced the space between us.

I pulled her close to me, giving her access to lay her head against my shoulder and besides that, I silently told her that I'm not mad, that I'm not rejecting her once more.