𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈

𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨

For nearly one year, I have been running.

Today is the day I'll slow down my pace until I come to a halt, facing the moment that haunted me in my dreams.

My legs are shaking as I stay here, looking down at the girl who was supposed to be warmed by my embrace, but the girl who is now left alone while my trembling hands search for their way to her hair.

I've always liked it better curly. It always caused my insides to stir, creating a feeling I have never had the chance to experience just by laying my eyes on someone before I met her. It has always been the reason for why my skin grew hot once she leaned herself against me, trusting me that I'll always serve as her support in case she alone isn't strong enough to carry herself.

And I have never been more ready to carry her to any place her heart longs to be - have never been more ready to be the shoulder she can put her trust in if only her own head gets too heavy sometimes.

Every time I looked at the crown of hair on her head, I found myself thinking about her as a person who is oddly familiar to a lion. Perhaps the curls were the first indicator for the image I pictured her as in my head, but the more time I was gifted with her, the more I realised that she truly carries significant traits of the animal.

She is the kind of person who appears to be stronger than anyone else when one puts their eyes on her for the first time. She has this intimidating glimpse in her eyes that tells you to better not get closer to her, but it also gives you the urge to overstep the boundaries only to get another piece of information out of her. Adhara has this lion living inside her which gives her the power she needs and which causes me to be even prouder of her whenever she shows her strength to the outside world. She has this lion inside her which gives her the insane amount of beauty that should be marked as dangerous, because no living being should have the chance to steal a look at her without experiencing some kind of punishment for it.

On the other side, Adhara's inner lion gives me the feeling of want and need - the want and need to care for her when the rest of our population decided to keep her distance to her. I want to hold her in my arms and tell her that it's okay to be not seen from the outside world although she out of all people deserves to have their eyes on her figure. I want to kiss her skin and mumble my hidden confessions of love into her skin, letting her know that her beauty is more compelling than the sight of anything else.

I brush my fingers through the loose strands which are falling on my pillow once more, getting the need to wake her up in order to tell her how crazy she makes me without doing anything at all.

"You drive me insane, princess." I whisper instead, breathing out the words which are too quiet to be heard by her.

"Make me stay here with you. Pull me back to bed and enchain me by opening your eyes. Do anything, but please don't make me leave."

I know that it is not fair to speak those words to her, to say that she shouldn't make me leave when I myself am the person who is forcing myself to step out of this room once the sweep hand of her clock has made its next two circulations.

My lips begin to touch her nose, softly placing kiss after kiss on every part of her face I love so dearly.

"I kissed you good morning. I know it's too early for you to let it be your morning, but it's mine so I get to say it, alright?" I murmur, pulling the blanket closer to her chin. "Your kisses are better though, so I get it if you are going to be mad at me tonight when I come back to you."

As I exhale, I step away from her bed, fighting against the voice in my head that tells me to stay here for a few more seconds. I walk towards my desk, taking hold of her and my wand and lastly, tugging them into the inner pocket of my suit jacket.