𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐀𝐝𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚

"Go and find yourself a partner in order to complete today's lesson."

Snape orders and the class immediately starts to get louder, students walking around in order to seat themselves at a different table.

My eyes immediately fall on Pansy, but she is already working with Blaise and before I can start looking for someone else, the seat next to me is already taken.

I turn around, facing the person who decided to work with me and the smile he sends in my direction is now the reflection of mine.

"So, where do we start?" he asks which causes my smile to widen even further.

I flip open the textbook, searching for the right page and start to tell Draco all the things he should write down.

"Okay. A Banshee has the appearance of a woman with floor length black hair and they are malevolent spirits which means that-"

"I don't like that." he interrupts me, causing me to stop reading and writing.

"What?"

"I'm not in the mood to work. Let's talk, I ask questions and you answer them, deal?"

I just keep looking at him, seeing how his eyes appear to have a bit more glow in them which lets him look more alive, happier even.

"No Draco, we can do that later. Snape will kill us if we don't do at least a bit."

My eyes fall back on the pages on which every detail about this creature is written down, pointing at the lines that are the most important but even though I'm writing everything down, he doesn't. He remains silent in his chair, letting me feel his gaze on my face.

"What is your favourite animal?"

"Cats." I answer shortly, continuing to drag the quill along my parchment.

"Yeah, I think I would like them too if I wouldn't have that bloody allergy."

Silence falls between us again, only the voices coming from the tables around us are now noticeable.

The cries of a Banshee are fatal to anyone who hears them and in order to defend yourself against them, the Laughing Potion is-

"Aren't you going to ask me what my favourite animal is?" his voice rings in my ears again, interrupting my writing process because my eyes wander up to his.

"What is your favourite animal, Draco?" I ask him, acting like it is the most important question which causes the smirk on his face to grow even bigger.

"I don't have one."

I roll my eyes, laughing a bit because of the good mood he is in before I attempt to continue working again, but I fail at that.

"Do you like the moon?"

"I do." I say to him, not leaning against the back of my chair while I keep looking at him, knowing that he is going to tell me more about the meaning of his question.

"Do you like the sun?"

Confusion and curiosity rise inside me, wondering whether he just randomly asks me about my opinion of things or if that is the foreplay to his actual question.

"I do, but not as much as the moon."

He just starts to nod, staring into my eye and I think that his eyes sometimes fall on the side of my face, causing me to narrow my eyes.

"Okay, so you like the moon and the sun but as soon as someone says that you remind them of them, you get mad?"

Now I know what he is talking about.