𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨

𝚜𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹𝚛𝚍, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟼

All the weight and stress I carried yesterday and today morning, can be let go. Even if it's only for a short time, but I can rest now.

The softness of my bed suddenly feels like heaven. Under normal circumstances, I would complain about the fact that the mattress isn't as soft as the one at the manor at home, but now I'm glad that I can at least find comfort for once.

My body relaxes for the first time since so long and it somehow feels weird. I'm not sure if my muscles are almost always so tense, because all the pressure is eating me up or if I just don't allow myself to find rest and peace.

All the relief feels so good, but at the same time I don't know if I really like it.

I'm used to working. I'm used to stressing myself out and punishing myself for every mistake or for every wasted minute I could've invested in the preparation of the task.

I'm unsure if I deserve to take a break, but I'm exhausted, both physically and mentally. It's ridiculous to say that, when I haven't even actively worked on the task for a month, but I know that the longer I wrap my mind around it, the more freaked out I will be. I won't have time to take an actual break in a few months, so it makes sense to take the opportunity now.

Sadly, I don't have much time to enjoy my repose. I put my hand under the blanket I'm covered with to reach my trouser pocket. My black pocket watch tells me the time and to my dismay, I have to get up.

I take a glance at my reflection in the mirror, straighten my too messy hair and then I walk towards the door, leaving my room behind.

"Oi mate, where are you going?"

"Practice." my voice is cold when I give the short answer and Blaise just waves his hand in a quick gesture to say goodbye.

Being around people makes me sick and I get annoyed really easily, but right now I wouldn't mind spending some time with my best friend.

I could've turned around to keep him and the others company, but I didn't do it. I once again disregard him just to go to the stupid practice for Defence Against the Dark Arts.

The thought about seeing her in a few moments causes me to sigh heavily and I can't even find a bit of motivation in myself.

The way towards the Astronomy Tower was rather boring, because most of the students are hanging out in their common room, given the bad weather. When I arrive at the stairs that lead towards the Tower, I come to a halt, thinking about turning around and leaving her alone.

I consider it for a moment, but I need to do the bloody assignment with her anyway, so why should I postpone it even further.

I climb up the stairs, feeling the warm, but at the same time cold breeze coming from outside.

"You are late."

"Well, I'm here now, aren't I?" I answer, causing her to roll her eyes out of annoyance.

Not one of us is saying anything, waiting for the other to make the first move. I still haven't entered the area of the tower completely, because I'm staying still at the end of the stairs, not wanting to move.

She looks a bit different than she usually does. Maybe it's because of her baggy clothes. I've never seen her in sweatpants and it looks weird. I'm not sure if it's weird in a good or in a bad way, but that doesn't matter.

Her hair looks different too. It falls over her shoulders as it does almost every day, but the rain caused it to curl a bit. A few strands of hair are glued to her face and it lets her look acceptable.