𝐋𝐕

𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨

I once asked myself who I would have been if the world was ending now, and my answer didn't change except for the fact that it did.

Draco. I would've been Draco.

The person whose name was put to shame, whose existence seemed to only bother people and the boy who didn't accomplish to accept himself. I've always been that version of Draco, the one no one else would want to be and the one that didn't matter to anyone else anyway - especially to me.

I'm still that person, only that I stopped resenting the life I have left behind in order to experience the one I have ahead of me. Even in my head it sounds so unreal and pathetic to be thinking like that, but I truly am kind of excited to see what I would have missed if my world ended months ago.

No one told me that it is possible to smile away the bad sides of existing I still have to go through every day. Of course I used to do it too - I smiled when mother asked me how I was doing, I let my lips cover up the feeling inside me when everything started to worsen instead of getting better.

That's what everyone does - People smile to hide their pain but in real life, that smile hurts even more than simply letting yourself waste away. I tried to persuade myself that I was fine, wanted to show others that I'm not that far gone yet, but the more often I put on the face that tells the world that I don't have issues to battle with, the more it started to eat away from me and not even a smile was enough anymore, so why wearing it in the first place.

I didn't think it was possible to recover from the damage I partway did to myself, but she showed me how to genuinely smile away the parts of me I hate so much. She is right next to me, speaking about subjects I can't seem to understand because all I'm focusing on is the way her lips more, the way her fingers are entwined with mine and the way I can't break free from her.

Adhara is the reason for why I am someone else and yet still the same. She is the reason for why I would protest if the world were to come to an end because she showed me how much I still have ahead of me - because she showed me how living feels like.

Draco is still the name that put a curse on me, but it's also the name belonging to the person Adhara fell in love with.

It's me.

And for the first time in my life, I don't wish to be anyone else, at least not for the present time.

"You are not listening to me, are you?"

"Of course I am, I'm always listening to you." I say to her and laughing at the way she rolls her eyes. "Sometimes I just don't take in the words you say, but I'm always listening."

Her eyes are locked with mine while both of us continue walking towards a place she still hasn't revealed to me.

"What were you saying, princess?" I finally ask, now staring at the side of her face because she broke our eye contact.

No sound leaves her mouth, silently staring ahead and because she doesn't speak, neither do I until we reach the stairs that lead to the place she visits nearly every night.

Adhara lets go of my hand, telling me to stay put while she hurries up the stairs.

"Alright, you can come now." I hear her voice and begin to walk towards her, not being able to hide the grin that has found its place on my lips.

She is standing at the railing, waiting for me to meet her eyes but I need a second to take in the blanket lying on the ground, a picnic basket standing on top of it.

"What is this?" my eyes finally meet hers, whispering the question while fighting the urge to wrap my arms around the girl and never letting her go again.