𝐗𝐈𝐕

𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨

𝚘𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟼

"Morning." it's like I'm not even here because the words are dedicated to her, but she doesn't look at me nor does she give me a sign that she heard me.

Maybe I was foolish to think that she would pretend that nothing happened. I scared her and I knew it, even back then, but I couldn't control myself.

I must admit that I had a really bad day and seeing her, knowing that she followed me, made it even worse. I can't change what happened now and pretending as if nothing was wrong seems like the easiest option.

"Shall we start then?"

Once again I don't receive an answer. If she really wants to ignore me she shouldn't have come. She could've just stayed in her room, avoiding me, but here she is now, remaining silent and her back facing me.

I'm playing with the rings on my finger because I have nothing else to do. Once or twice I even produce that annoying sound by knocking the silver against the railing of the Astronomy Tower, but she doesn't show me one single reaction, even though I know how much she hates that noise.

My eyes are fixated on her, searching for the tiniest movement and when I think that she is petrified, her hands move upwards to her head.

The small fingers of her are running through her curly hair and I wonder once again if that's the natural state of it. I'm sure it must be, because as far as I know she wouldn't bother curling her hair for meeting with me.

I'm not sue why, but my eyes somehow can't focus on something else than her hair that is slowly transforming into a bun. The birthmark on her neck is now visible and before I can look at it any further, she turns around.

For today, I don't think that I'll be able to meet her eyes for once, because she is desperately trying to avoid even looking at my face.

"You won't drop dead for looking at me, you know?" I don't move forward, but my head bends down a little when I speak to her, searching for her eyes.

It's meant to be a joke, but she doesn't take it like one. I can't quite read the expression on her face, but I'm positive that she isn't laughing.

"Fine, sooner or later you'll have to get over yourself and look at me. If you don't plan on staying there like that for an hour, I suggest we start now."

She looks pathetic and with every word I speak I seem to make it worse, so I decide to treat her with the same silence she treats me. At least for a short period of time.

Her feet move in the direction I'm standing and when she is finally positioned on her usual training spot, we begin.

She improved compared to our previous practice and I think that boosts her confidence, because out of nowhere her head looks straight forward, locking eye contact with me.

My eyebrow shoots upwards, not expecting her to break her stubbornness.

"Don't look at me." it's the first thing she has said to me today and I struggle with deflecting the spell flying in my direction.

"What?"

"You heard me. Just stop looking at me like that."

I'm not sure if I did something wrong again or if my eyes are somehow hurting her.

"Why?" I ask, wanting to know more about what I'm doing wrong.

"I hate seeing your eyes."

I can't stifle my laughter and her eyebrows furrow, clearly feeling uncomfortable in the current situation.