Crazy Alice

Alice had a wild life; a man who dropped out of high school, a man who faked his way out of serving for his country. A man who lured woman into his life before brutally murdering them, a man who refused to surrender on the terms of others instead he went in hiding in a hospital not realising that he had accidentally admitted himself into a mental institution since than he had been held hostage, Alice hated that he had wasted so much of his life confined to a hospital, but he did love the humour of being dubbed as crazy with the rubbish that slipped out of his mouth to play the disguise he had.

He paced around his room. He struggled to sleep at night, he had a fear of the darkness. It was his one weakness.

Alice never knew how he'd fallen asleep during the night expect that he'd wake up in his bed with the sheet wrapped tightly around his body.

Alice paused as he felt someone in his room, he slowly turned. There was no one. Just him.

There was a knock on the door of his room but no vocal response

There was a knock on the door of his room but no vocal response. Keys rattled against the door before it was pushed open.

The horror upon Nurse Havoc's face as she saw Alice with his bedsheet tied around his neck, his body at a short distance from the bed rails.

She quickly closed the door.

Using his bedframe, Alice had hung himself during the night.

Nurse Havoc quickly rushed to the nurse's desk. She dialled for Doctor Mathers and a coroner to take the body. She had seen her share of deceased patients, Saint Pinnington was the only hospital she had experience in. Nurse Havoc thought she would make a great fit in a mental institution because she wanted to see sick people get better, she advocated for better mental health procedures within the hospital grounds.

"Doctor Mathers" Nurse Havoc spoke as she noticed the Doctor walk into the hospital.

"Which room?" He asked.

She lead him down to Alice's room; Doctor Mathers opened the door. He lowered his head slightly.

"Alice made it this far, He never once spoke of wanting to kill himself." Doctor Mathers closed the door as he faced the nurse "Keep the patients away while we deal with this."

Doctor Mathers hand the paperwork over to the coroner, Nurse Havoc and Doctor Mathers watched as the body bag was wheeled out of the room. The patients had been confined to their room for the entire morning but that wouldn't stop them from trying to sneak a peek at what was happening.

Doctor Mather's noticed Millie peering out of her room, he didn't hesitate to storm to her room.

Millie noticed him, she quickly closed her door and sat on her bed.

Doctor Mathers pushed open the door "My office, now."

Millie was afraid to move.

Doctor Mathers took a deep breath to keep his composure calm "Millie, please follow me to my office. You and I need to talk."

Millie slowly moved her gaze up to him.

"Please, Millie. This is for the safety of you and your brother."

Millie hated when people throw that in her face. She slowly rosed to her feet and shuffled behind Doctor Mathers to his office, Billie saw his sister walk past him.

"Millie?"

"Not now, Billie. Stay in your room." Doctor Mathers stated without looking back at Billie.

Doctor Mathers opened the door to his office, Millie silently entered his room.

"Sit." He instructed as he closed the door.

Millie listened, she sat down in front of the desk. She twisted her hands around each other as she kept her eye contact on the carpet.

Doctor Mathers sat in his chair behind the desk. "Millie, I'm not going to hurt you." He watched her, watching how she felt scared and cornered.

Millie kept her focus on the carpet.

Doctor Mathers could see how trained Millie was, without Billie around she was a different woman. "Tell me about Alice." He stated.

Millie didn't respond.

"Did he threaten you?"

No response.

Doctor Mathers watched Millie as she kept her focus on the carpet and her hands twisting around each other "Millie, I can help you if you tell me the truth."

"Billie threatened him." Millie whispered.

"Sorry?" He wanted her to repeat her answer.

Millie looked up at Doctor Mathers "Billie threatened Alice."

"Why?"

"Because Alice called me pretty."

Doctor Mathers seemed confused.

"Alice said that he had a wife as pretty as me, but he killed her." Millie's lower lip trembled "Billie was trying to keep me safe."

"Millie, I know Billie is trying to keep you safe but killing people won't keep either of you safe."

Millie closed her eyes for a second than reopened them "His only trying to protect me. I'm his baby sister. We have no one else."

Doctor Mathers didn't move from his chair as he watched tears fall down Millie's cheeks. "Tell me about Donald."

Millie shook her head.

"Did you kill Alice?"

Millie shook her head again.

"Did Billie kill Alice?"

Millie didn't react.

"Millie. Please tell me the truth."

"I don't know." She cried.