Remember

Johnny sighed as he watched another drop of rain travel down the window. He had been inside Saint Pinnington for almost two weeks, he had only seen his family once since being inside the hospital.

He had good days and bad days, there were times he could completely remember where he was, wishing he could be home with his family while there were times where he felt like army personal.

Johnny looked out at the gardens; he smiled a little as he mind made him believe that a woman wearing a pair of overalls was doing some gardening. Tears began to roll down his cheeks as his mind made him believe it was his wife, Shirley.

Johnny placed his hand on the window, he wanted to reach out and touch the woman. He wanted to hold her in his arms. Shirley had died three years ago, the two of been started dating when she was fifteen and he was seventeen, the only time they had spent apart was when he was in the war. Once he came home, Johnny didn't leave Shirley's side.

Johnny noticed a woman's reflection by his side "Shirley?" he whispered.

"Johnny?"

Johnny looked at the reflection, his wife disappeared as he noticed a nurse standing next to him. He looked up at the nurse "Where am I?"

"You're in Saint Pinnington." The nurse responded.

"Why?"

"Because your sick and needed someone to make sure you got better." The nurse spoke.

Johnny's lowered his gaze "Oh."