Play Along

The hospital hadn't seen a murder like this in all the years of operating, they were used to patients dying, they were used to patients committing suicide, they were used to patients dying of natural causes but a murder to this extent.

Saint Pinnington wasn't labelled Saint Crazies for nothing, there were rumours that the hospital holds the most vile people on earth, rumours that even the medical staff were just patients in disguise, rumours that no medically trained personal was brave enough to enter those doors; that may have explained the lack of medical staff the hospital had, the only doctor brave enough to take on the various patients was Doctor Mathers; the one doctor who made it past six months without quitting even with his accident, Doctor Mathers returned to work.

The nurses came and went, the patients didn't bother remembering their names anymore, the nurses didn't even care to remember the patients names unless it was written on a piece of paper with a photo next to it.

Doctor Mathers watched as the police took photos of the crime scene.

"We know that her brother is in here too, we think it's wise to take him with us." Spoke an officer.

Doctor Mathers turned his attention to the young police officer "No."

"Sorry?"

"Look, kid. Billie was fine, his a good boy. Just a bit messed up in the head like everyone else in here. I don't believe he killed anyone let alone his sister."

The police officer seemed confused "Sir..."

"Doctor Mathers."

"Doctor Mathers, there's instructions that if Billie and Millie are believed to have broken their rules than they have to be sent to prison. We can no longer afford to keep a killer amongst your patients."

"With all due respect, Billie is my patient."

"Where is Billie right now?" The police officer asked.

"In my office."

"Why?"

Doctor Mathers noticed from corner of his eyes the coroner carefully shifting Millie's body onto a body bag. He took a deep breath "Billie's room is five doors down from Millie's, I believed it wasn't safe for him to see this. It's bad enough he was the one who found his sister." He looked at the police officer.

"Why was Billie the one who found his sister?"

"I have no idea."

"Doctor Mathers, we need to talk to Billie."

Doctor Mathers knew he couldn't convince them to leave Billie alone "Let me make sure his ready for your company. after all, Billie is known to have an interesting time with you lot."

The police officer nodded slightly before allowing Doctor Mathers lead the way to his office.

"Just give us a moment, officer."

Billie jumped up from his chair as the door opened, he noticed Doctor Mathers and a police officer at the door way.

Doctor Mathers closed the door, he looked at Billie "They want to take you away. You need to tell me everything."

"I DIDN'T KILL MY SISTER!" Billie screamed "What would have I to gain for Millie's death? She's worth more to me alive."

Doctor Mathers listened.

Billie stared blankly at Doctor Mathers.

Doctor Mathers didn't break eye contact as he spoke "Since the arrival of you and your sister, our death toll has jumped. Patients who never wanted to die have died." He sighed as he noticed the frustration on Billie's face "I will talk to the police and I will see if I can convince them to let you stay." He watched as Billie tried to find relief in the doctor's words "Billie, they need to talk to you."

Billie crossed his arms across his chest "They take me, I'm taking you down."

Doctor Mathers found humour in Billie's words; he opened the office door seeing the police officer still waiting outside the room.