Blood

The nurse froze when she saw the horror in Billie's room, she opened her mouth to scream but nothing came out.

Dried blood stuck from the slit across Billie's throat, his legs crossed at the ankles, his right hand over his heart and his left hand positioned over his eyes, his mouth in an O shape. Dried blood stuck down the front of Billie's orange patient issued shirt.

Written in blood above his bed was the word REGRET.

The nurse jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned her head slightly to see Nurse what's-her-face by her side "I think we need to alert Doctor Mathers" she managed to speak.

Nurse what's-her-face closed the door "Time for lockdown."

The two nurses collected the few patients that were already out of their room, instructing them to go back.

Nurse Rozetta and Nurse Sea seemed confused as they noticed the two nurses.

"We need to call Doctor Mathers" Spoke the nurse who had found Billie.

"Why?" Nurse Sea asked.

"Just call Doctor Mathers" Nurse what's-her-face snapped at Nurse Sea.

Nurse Sea and Nurse Rozetta headed to the nurses desk; they both were out of the loop.

Nurse Sea dialled Doctor Mathers number as the two nurses returned to the desk.

"Hand me the phone" Nurse what's-her-face spoke.

Nurse Sea handed her the phone.

"Doctor Mathers, it's Billie."

Nurse Rozetta's face dropped, she rushed away from the nurses desk and down to Billie's room, she pushed open the door to see her favourite patient. Nurse Rozetta dropped to her knees in shock. 

"The twins have died in your care, Doctor

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"The twins have died in your care, Doctor. If this was any other patient we would be able to cover it up but not with those two. How are we going to convince the media that they died by their own hands?" Police Sergeant Oliver Riskins condemned Doctor Mathers in the doctor's office.

"I can assure you; we have no idea what happened." Doctor Mathers stood up from his seat. "Before I leave every night, I inspect the patients rooms to check they have nothing with them, and I make sure they are secured safely in their rooms."

"One violent death was easy enough to cover up, Mathers. Now two. We've got the media swarming our precinct because of a screw up in your hospital."

"Oliver, I can assure you..."

"No, Mathers. I don't want to hear it." Police Sergeant Oliver hushed Doctor Mathers.

Doctor Mathers remained silent.

"I can guarantee you that outside these walls the media are waiting for a report." Police Sergeant Oliver began.

"Tell them" Doctor Mathers took a breath "Billie committed suicide" he lowered his gaze at the choice of words he had used, he knew all to well that Billie didn't commit suicide.

"Exactly." Police Sergeant Oliver stated, "You better pray you don't have a leak within these walls." With that final sentence, Police Sergeant Oliver Riskins left Doctor Mathers office.

Doctor Mathers dropped down to his chair.