Alone

Billie felt slightly better after taking his anger out on the cushions, he wasn't surprised that no one had stopped it. They always left him alone. Billie hated being alone. He didn't do well alone.

Billie felt like his world had caved in.

He looked around the common room, the patients in the room didn't dare look at him. Billie took a deep breath as he stretched up on his feet. He wondered down the hallway to Doctor Mathers office.

Billie knocked on the closed office door.

"I'm free."

Billie pushed open the door to see Doctor Mathers tapping his pen on his notepad.

"Surprised to see you willingly came to my office."

Billie shrugged as he stepped inside "I guess I don't know what to do."

"Close the door and sit." Doctor Mathers instructed.

Billie closed the office door, he didn't both sitting instead he leaned by the window.

"Do you regret everything you did to your sister?"

Billie shrugged.

Doctor Mathers placed his pen down on his desk "You never told me about your parents."

"Do we really need to do this, Doc?"

"You came to my office, Billie. What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't like being alone. Having Millie by my side made me feel like someone actually cared." Billie sighed.

"I thought Nurse Rozetta cared about you?"

Billie shrugged "She's a woman, Doc. You know how woman are, why would they care unless something is in it for them."

Doctor Mathers lowered his head for a moment.

"You don't care do you, Doc?"

Doctor Mathers lifted up his head "I care about all the patients within this hospital."

"But do you care about me?"

"Billie, every patient..."

"No, Doc. Do you care about me?" Billie's voice grew louder.

Doctor Mathers rose from his seat "You want me to tell you a lie, don't you. Tell you the lies that you've found comfort in. The lies that help you sleep at night."

"Blow it, Doc." Billie barged out of his office.