Thoughts

Kyle noticed Doctor Mathers from the corner of his eye, seeing the doctor standing by the nurse's desk. Kyle had never seen a doctor take on a patient alone, he never thought a doctor would handle a patient alone. He was dumbfounded at how no one helped him, he found amusement in the struggle that Billie was putting up.

Kyle moved his attention back to the paper he was writing on. Doctor Mathers had suggested every time Kyle's head was filled with a fictional character that Kyle wrote it out instead of letting the character tinker further into his mind.

Kyle wasn't sure how it helped, the characters voices in his mind never stopped even when he closed his eyes.

He looked up to see Johnny sitting outside, watching the old man wonder around the small court yard. Kyle felt sorry for Johnny, he was certain that everyone else in the hospital felt sorry for Jonathan Walter. Kyle didn't understand how a family could be so cruel and just dump a loved one in a mental institution, Johnny deserved better; a war veteran deserved better.

Kyle turned his attention to the patients inside the common room, each of them felt less scared now that Millie and Billie were in their rooms.

Billie was right, the only person that wasn't scared of the twins was Nurse Rozetta.

No one was sure if Doctor Mathers was scared of the twins or not, maybe Billie was right? Maybe Doctor Mathers did have a particular interest in Millie.

Kyle noticed Doctor Mathers watching him, Kyle half heartedly smiled at Doctor Mathers, Doctor Mathers nodded slightly before walking down the hallway of the hospital.

Kyle tried to watch as Doctor Mathers stopped at Billie's door, Kyle attempted to focus on Doctor Mathers unlocking Billie's door before walking to his office.

Kyle looked around the common room, no one noticed what Doctor Mathers had done. The freedom that the patients felt still floated amongst the common room.