Busted

Kyle had been in his room alone for the whole day, the nurses came to check out him and to give him his daily food.

Kyle sighed as he sat up in his bed, he kicked his tray of food towards the door.

The silence in his hospital room was getting too him, he stood up and began pacing back and forth in his room. He ran his hands through his hair as he struggled with his own thoughts. The struggle of thinking he was the bad guy, the struggle of thinking maybe he was dangerous, the struggle of feeling like he had done something without realising it.

Kyle couldn't figure out why he choose this hospital out of all the other ones he knew about.

This was one was called Saint Crazies. The one where patients weren't segregated by their illness, they were all pushed together. Saint Crazies had history, it had rumours. It was the oldest mental institution known in the state, instead of being shut down it was fixed up and modernised except for the way the medical staff treated the patients, it was almost like it the patients were free to do as they please within Doctor Mathers guidance.

Kyle stopped pacing as he looked around his room, his almost empty room. His unkept bed was the only piece of furniture in the room. The shadows from the people walking past his room slipped under his closed door.

"I don't know." Kyle's voice shook with sadness as he began pacing again. "It can't be me. Doctor Mathers? He has control of us." He whispered "It's gotta be Mathers. Why else would he..." Kyle's sentenced trailed off as he went silent.

He laid silent on the floor of the hospital room; a shadow moved inside his room as they began to write in red pen.

HE WAS R

The door startled the shadow as it was pushed open "ky.." The nurse stopped speaking as she noticed the scene inside the room.

The shadow was hit by the hallway light and turned their head to face the nurse in the doorway.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" The nurse screamed "KYLE!?"

The hallway quickly filled with the nurses that were on duty, crowding around Kyle's doorway.

They all stared at Nurse Rozetta standing on the top of the bed.

Nurse Rozetta panicked; she dropped the red texta in her hand letting it bounce on the mattress.

The nurses were stunned to see Nurse Rozetta inside the room, she had been sent home earlier that day to mourn the lose of the twins.

"I'm getting Doctor Mathers" One of the nurses spoke before running down to Doctor Mathers office.

The nurses by the doorway weren't sure how to react. Was Kyle dead? Why was Nurse Rozetta writing on his wall? Why was she even in the hospital?

Doctor Mathers and the nurse rushed to Kyle's room; Doctor Mathers pushed back the crowd of nurses "Rozetta?" He looked up at her before noticing Kyle on the floor "security, NOW!" He rush to Kyle's side, Doctor Mathers felt Kyle's chest checking for a pulse; he couldn't find one, Doctor Mathers placed two of his fingers on Kyle's inner wrist to check for a pulse; nothing. "What did you do?" Doctor Mathers flicked his attention up at Nurse Rozetta.

Nurse Rozetta remained silent.

"You better hope his alive." Doctor Mathers turned his attention back to Kyle "I need help." Doctor Mathers began chest compressions on Kyle, another nurse rushed over to assist Kyle when Doctor Mathers instructed she gave Kyle rescue breaths.

Nurse Rozetta watched as the two of them struggled to revive Kyle.