Secret

Nurse Rozetta noticed Kyle sitting on the lounge in the common room, she watched as he leaned back in the lounge cushions.

Kyle ran his fingers through his hair as thoughts filled his mind. He wanted to cry for Millie, he wanted to hold her in his arms. He wished he had done more than kiss her, Kyle wished he had touched her; spent a few moments more with her in his arms.

Doctor Mathers stopped at the nurses desk, he looked down at his watch wondering where his patient was. He had granted Billie permission to attend his sister's funeral, he didn't expect them to be this late back.

Doctor Mathers looked at the doors as he began to impatiently wait.

Nurse Rozetta tapped her pen against the form she was failing to fill out "They would've said something right?"

Doctor Mathers shrugged his shoulders "Billie doesn't like the police. If his not back in the next ten minutes than we'll have to assume that they've locked him away." He turned his attention to Nurse Rozetta.

Nurse Rozetta pouted for a moment.

Doctor Mathers smirked a little "I know you care but maybe just don't show it too much for him."

"But you cared about her."

"Millie had no one other than Billie, she felt free to speak to me."

"And she felt free with Kyle." Nurse Rozetta noticed she may have hit a nerve with Doctor Mathers.

"That is not a matter up for discussion." Doctor Mathers kept his reaction calm.

Nurse Rozetta dropped her eyes back down to the form on the desk.

Doctor Mathers looked back down at his watch; he quickly whipped his attention to the doors as he heard them slide open. "Welcome back, Billie." He saw the chains Billie was bound by and the four police officers surrounding Billie.

"Doc." Billie struggled to find his confidence.

Nurse Rozetta looked up from her form as the five people stopped at the nurses desk.

"You may unbound him now; Billie isn't a dog." Doctor Mathers spoke.

One of the officers looked at Doctor Mathers "Your very lucky he was allowed back, normally any patient like this wouldn't be given a second chance."

"I understand but any patient who has been deemed legally criminally insane deserves to be under my care rather than made worse in the system." Doctor Mathers responded.

Nurse Rozetta stood up from her chair watching as two police officer gripped Billie just above his handcuffs while one officer began to unlock the handcuffs from Billie's wrists.

Billie wasn't in the mood to put up a fight as the officer knelt down and undid his ankle cuffs, he blankly looked at Doctor Mathers.

The officer stood back up; the two officers let go Billie's wrists. The three of them stepped back from Billie.

Doctor Mathers looked at the police officer still standing in front of him "is that all officer?"

The police officer reached out a form "Sign this than his your problem."

Doctor Mathers took his pen out of his pocket, he checked over the form before signing at the bottom to take control of Billie again.

"Nurse Rozetta please lead Billie back inside." Doctor Mathers stated as he looked at the police officer.

The police officer watched as Nurse Rozetta stepped out from behind the desk, he looked her up and down. He winked at her.

"I wouldn't if I was you." Billie breathed.

The police officer shot a sharp look at Billie "I wouldn't? Is that a threat?"

"Right, Billie. In. Now." Doctor Mathers quickly defused the situation that was about to rise.

Billie followed Nurse Rozetta to the common room.

Doctor Mathers focused his attention to the four police officers "Billie is grieving his sister; my reports have been processed to the higher power. They agree with me that Billie needs to stay in this hospital. Is that all?"

The police officers didn't say anything else as they walked out of the hospital.

Doctor Mathers walked to his office.

"I'm sorry to hear about Millie." Nurse Rozetta stopped walking at the end of the hallway.

Billie took a deep breath before exhaling "Thanks." He turned his attention to the common room filled with patients.

Billie jumped over the lounge and sat down next to Kyle.

Kyle kept his focus on the tv.

"So, she stole your heart. Huh?"

Kyle didn't respond.

"She would've killed you."

Kyle held back his reaction.

"Now you have nothing to say. My sister is dead, and you think because of one stupid kiss she means the world to you." Billie leaned closer to Kyle.

Kyle turned his head slightly seeing how close Billie was to his face "I know who the two of you are. Clearly I'm not afraid of what you are going to do." Kyle breathed "your sister hated you. She hated the way you treated her. She wished she was dead."

Billie scrunched up his face, he clenched his fist.

"I'd be careful if I was you" Kyle threatened.

Billie wasn't ready to back down, he was thirsty for revenge.

"Kyle, Doctor Mathers wants to see you." Nurse Gina called out from the nurses desk.

Kyle kept his focus on Billie as he stood up before leaving to find Doctor Mathers office.