Chapter Four

Miles' POV

It's all my fault and we all know it. Her friends, Adrian, Funke, James and other people I couldn't really remember their names didn't say a word to me.

As Victoria walked out of the house in a rush, Adrian beckoned for me follow him into the kitchen, I did.

"How do you feel about Victoria?" He asked first.

I searched for words in my head to say to him. The only word that best describes this longing for her, this aching for her is love and I guess it took me her getting pregnant, for me to realize it.

I've once again fallen in love with someone who will never love me. I never thought I was going to tell her best friend first.

I cleared my throat, "I love her."

His eyes widened, "you love her?"

I nodded and spoke this time with more certainty, "I love her."

"You do know that she's never going to love you back right?" He leaned away from the counter.

"I know," I maintained eye contact with him.

"Then why?" I knew what he was referring to.

"First you need to know that I didn't force anything on her, she agreed to it of her own free will and very much sober, I made sure of that." I sighed. "Why? Because screw me for wanting someone so badly."

He sighed and ran a hand through his brown hair and locked eyes with me. "She's my best friend and you know that I would always look out for her."

He moved from the other side of the counter he was standing at and slowly made his way over to my side. He stood in front of me and though I shouldn't have felt intimidated, I did. "If this baby is yours, you're going to take responsibility and even if it's not yours and Andrew happens to bail on her which I know he might, you're also going to take responsibility because all this wouldn't happen if you didn't want her so badly."

You don't have to tell me.

I didn't look away and I nodded, "definitely."

***

Victoria's POV

Funke appeared some minutes later and after she gave me the proper first aid she dragged me out of Andrew's house and even threatened me when I refused to leave.

It was dark by the time I got home and my flight was in four hours. I still had to tell my parents that I was pregnant and I may just leave the part where Andrew left me out of the conversation.

Miles was still at my house when I got there and he waited until I entered my room before he came.

I didn't have the strength to talk to him as I held my phone in my hand and kept on dialing Andrew's number. He wasn't picking up and I was having a break down.

"Victoria," he said and sat on the bed beside me, keeping a reasonable distance between us.

"I'm probably the last person you want to talk to right now but I have to say this," I still didn't talk as I pressed the phone to my ear once again.

He's right, he's the last person I want to talk to right now because it's partially his fault that Andrew left me and who better than to take the aggression on but him. Don't get me wrong I hate myself right now but it's nice to have someone else to blame and hate.

"I know Andrew just left you but you need to know that I wouldn't leave you, no matter what. Even if the baby isn't mine, I would still be here." It looked like he wanted to say something else but he kept shut and without another word walked out of the room.