Chapter Thirty Six

Everything that goes up must certainly come down. That's how it works.

When I woke up the next day, I turned to the side and was shocked when I felt someone's hand on my waist, somehow making it hard to move.

I turned again so I could face the source of the hand. I slowly opened one eye and I nearly screamed when I was met with his handsome face.

It's been so long since I woke up to someone beside me and this particular person for that matter.

I opened my second eye so I could look at him well. I was about to touch his face when I heard Brayleigh.

I groaned and gently got up from the bed and to her crib.

Andrew turned just as I picked her up.

"Hey," his groggy voice reached my ears.

I'll never get tired of hearing that voice.

"Hey, good morning." I sat on the edge of the bed with Brayleigh in my arms.

He sat up and got up from the bed, stretching. I couldn't help but stare at his chest just as memories of last night flooded my head.

Last night, one of the best night's of my life.

After the first round Brayleigh got us to break away and after I had attended to her I got into bed only to wake up again to Andrew kissing my shoulders and you can imagine how that went down.

"Sleep well?" He smiled at Brayleigh and that got her to smile too.

I smiled at the scene before me.

"I'm going for my morning run, later." He kissed my forehead then walked out of the room.

***

Andrew and I belong together, there's no doubt about it.

This time around I want to fall in love with him all over. I want to get to know him again.

We both deserve our happy ending and we're going to work together towards that.

I haven't completely told him how I felt about all this, I've been waiting for the right time to tell him. I know I need to do so quickly to get it off my chest.

Last night was just the confirmation I needed and it was sort of a distraction from what I wanted to say. Though I didn't really need anymore words but I just needed to say it.

Not only do I need to tell him of my decision, I also need to apologise for everything, for leaving him.

I know I have done that countless times but it was when I was still with Miles. After I was kidnapped and brought back home, that was the time that we both decided to push the whole relationship thing to the side and just be there for each other as friends so I didn't want to bring it up so as not to complicate things further.

Last night also showed how much my moving on with Miles hurt him.

"You are mine Riya and you forgot that. I'm just reminding you."

I didn't need anyone to tell me anything else.

After I tell Andrew of my decision, I will also speak to Miles. He came around after I gave birth, went back to New York then came back again recently.

I know he has been busy so it warms my heart that he still creates time for me in his schedule to come over and see me.

I've been praying for him since, praying that he'll find someone that truly loves him and they'll both have the happy ending they deserve.