Chapter Sixteen

Song for the chapter: You Are The Reason by Callum Scott

***

Andrew's POV

They really did look good together, but I'm sure we looked better together.

Today is the day I face my fears and meet her. I've been watching her since I got to New York, waiting for the perfect time to talk to her.

Miles is always around her and it's hard to see her go thirty minutes without him around. As I sat in my car parked around the corner, I watched Miles step out of the house and he got into the car.

He was supposed to leave to hang out with his friends but the way he dressed definitely meant he was going elsewhere.

Were they going out together? Like an event. After all it is a Saturday evening, the weather perfect for an event, whatever it may be.

He sat in the car for close to thirty minutes before Victoria stepped out of the house and Miles met with her halfway. She was wearing sweats and her tummy which was gradually protruding was evident.

I couldn't hear what they said between themselves but he followed her inside and I sighed in defeat. I was hoping to get to talk to her privately. Even though Miles would give us the space we need but it wouldn't feel the same if she were alone.

The front door opened again and this time Miles stepped out of the house, got into the car and drove off.

I sighed in relief once again and waited for five minutes before getting down from the car. I checked my reflection on the tinted glasses of the car and I nodded at myself.

I held a bouquet of her favorite flowers in one hand as I took one step after the other to the house. I said a silent prayer, hoping that this doesn't blow up in my face and she gives me the audience I need.

All I need is five minutes. Five minutes to apologize for being a coward and an asshole. Though I'd give anything to have her take me back but the major goal here is to get her forgiveness and the chance to be in her life once again, if not as her lover but as her friend and in this case, baby daddy.

I was just by the fence when I heard the front door open and Victoria stepped out of the house, still with her sweats on. I moved out of sight and watched her. She opened the garage, got into the second car and I watched her drive off.

I sighed in defeat once again. Let's hope she'll be back soon. I went back into the car and waited.

About an hour later, I watched her drive back and as she walked into the house, she held shopping bags.

Right, she went to the store.

I quickly got down from the car with the bouquet in my hand and stood in front of the door, ready to knock and at that moment the door swung open.

She looked way more beautiful up close.

Her mouth was on the floor and different emotions flashed in her eyes. I really fucked up.

I couldn't take my eyes off her, not for a second.

"Victoria," I called.

I was at the brink of tears. I really don't deserve her, not even in my wildest dreams. She is my everything, the person I can't be without and I let her slip through my fingers, just like that.

"Andrew, you're here." She stated in obvious disbelief.

I nodded, "I'm here." I assured her that this wasn't a dream. It's real. I came back for her.