Chapter Thirty One

With traumatic events come scars, scars you have to learn to move on from.

Funke and I weren't lucky because the scars these events left on us has somehow affected our lives and the lives of those around us but Funke has it worse than me.

Everyone has been there for me, Funke especially and I don't blame her, neither am I surprised. No one would want their case to be as bad as hers. It's bad enough that the doctors say I survived a gun to my head with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, but I have to make sure it doesn't escalate to anything more and that I get rid of it as soon as possible.

One thing I hate in this life is having to take drugs but if I want to get better I have to take them. Adrian, Andrew and Funke have been making sure that I take my drugs and go to my therapist when I should but sometimes you definitely slack.

Like today, I didn't take my drugs early because I've been busy. With Brayleigh, it's hard to keep up. Funke has been frowning at me ever since she found out.

"Damilola," Funke glared at me.

Now she was also angry with me over another issue, this time, it's Andrew.

"Olufunke," I fired back. "Don't start please." I warned.

She wants me to get back with him and though I've explained to her my reasons, she sees them  as stupid.

"You know I'm going to start either way," she rolled her eyes.

"And I'm begging you not to start," I pleaded with her with my eyes. "Please."

"What exactly is wrong with you?" Her head moved from side to side. "Why do you keep doing this?"

"I'm not doing anything Funke," I scoffed.

"You love this guy so why do you keep pushing him aside? You clearly need him and he's right in front of you." She slapped her hands together to emphasize her point.

I sighed. "You're right, I need him but I'm not ready to need him."

She chuckled dryly. "Are you even listening to yourself?"

"Funke I need time," I didn't look her way as I breast fed my baby.

"You've needed time for how long now? It's been five months."

"Funke tori Olo'un,"I was almost yelling. "Mo fi Olo'un be yin drop this topic please." (I'm begging you in the name of God)

She huffed and sat opposite of me. "I just don't understand you Riya, I don't."

"What don't you understand?" Adrian now joined us in the living room and told Funke to stand up so he could sit down and she sat on his laps.

I rolled my eyes, "guys there are plenty of chairs in this house." I gestured around the house.

None of them responded and I rolled my eyes again.

"Babe, what don't you understand please?" Adrian placed his hands on her hips before bringing them to the front.

"I don't understand Victoria," she turned so she was fully facing me and was sitting sideways on Adrian's laps. "I don't know how much time she needs again. I don't know why she's running away from Andrew that is right in front of her. What does it take her to get back together with him?"

Adrian looked between both of us and smacked his lips. "Babe she needs time to sort her head out."

"You too?" She threw her hands in the hair. "I'm not saying she should rush back to getting together with him but she can at least open up her mind to him again. She's completely closed up about Andrew. She doesn't even want to hear his name."