Chapter Twenty Four

Victoria's POV

As I stared at her I couldn't understand, it just didn't make any sense.

Why would she want to kidnap me? Is it money she wants?

What exactly?

I never would have perceived her capable of kidnaping someone.

"Don't act so surprised please," she chuckled and stepped into the room and closed the door herself.

"Temi?" I asked, completely dumbfounded.

"Yep," she popped the 'p' "Are you really that surprised?" She sat on the bed and ran her hands over the sheets.

She nodded at herself then looked up at me.

My own assistant had kidnapped me and only God knows her true intentions.

If they told me that the quiet Temi, the woman who never spoke unless spoken to, the woman that I found really smart and beautiful was capable of kidnapping someone, I definitely would have laughed in the person's face.

She has this innocent look to her and I'm very sure my family would never in a million years suspect her of this.

The quiet ones really shouldn't be trusted. They are quiet but deadly.

She has worked with me for close to a year now and in the company for about two years before she became my assistant so that makes it about three years.

All her years in the office, I'm very sure she has been sitting back and carefully planning every single action, waiting for the perfect time to strike.

"I don't understand," I couldn't move even though every single part of my brain wanted to.

"It's a long story really, one I'm not ready to tell you just yet." She looked around the room. "Is it only me or it's cold in here?"

"It's cold," I answered. "Why?" I pressed.

I needed answers. She can't just tell me that she won't give me answers now. I need them.

"Like I said," she stood up and walked to the other end of the room. "It's a story I'm not ready to tell you." She stepped in front of me. "But know that your father put you in all this mess. I really wasn't going to involve you but your sister is much harder to kidnap."

What does she mean? She keeps confusing me even further.

"Does he know?" I was referring to my dad.

"No," she walked around me, as if sampling me. "Which makes my mission easier."

I turned around to find her standing by the door. She crossed her arms. "Don't worry, I'll make your death quick. It's such a pity your baby won't get to see the light of this world. But I guess I'm doing it a favor, it's a cruel world after all."

My whole body shook with fear at her words. She's going to kill me, not even having pity on the fact that I was pregnant.

I couldn't believe the enemy had been working right under me all this while. Right under my very nose and I was completely oblivious. I didn't even know I had an enemy to begin with.

“Why?” Even if she doesn’t tell me what my father did to make her hate him this much and want to take revenge on him through his daughter, at least I deserve to know why she wants to kill me. There are so many ways to get revenge on someone, murder isn’t always the answer.

She tsked and stood straighter. “Too many questions.” She took a step closer.

I noticed she was restless, not staying in the same spot for up to thirty seconds.