Chapter Ten

🔞 Mature content ahead.

***

I felt like a foreigner inside his house, like I no longer belonged there. Obvious signs of vacancy for a long period of time were evident. The surfaces were covered with dust and the house was cold.

I opened up the windows and took out the broom and mop, ready to clean. I silenced my phone, not wanting any distractions. No one knew I was here and I didn't want anyone to know. I know they would be bothered after a while of not hearing from me but I don't care.

I lied to Miles and my mum when they asked if I wanted to go anywhere. I knew that if I told them, they wouldn't allow me or they would insist to follow me and I wouldn't be able to clean up the house as I want now.

They've been treating me like and egg for the past two days since I got back. I'm not allowed to go anywhere without letting them know. I know that they are worried about me but the last thing I need is someone watching over me like a hawk.

I started with the foyer, living room and kitchen before I went upstairs. As I got into his room I couldn't help the tears that rolled down my cheeks. That didn't stop me though, I put away the clothes that were lying around and started cleaning from inside the closet

As I got to the pieces of broken glass that were lying on the floor, I knelt down and carefully put the broken pieces into the trash bag. All the while memories of that day kept replaying in my head.

Then if it's mine, I don't want it.

Please Andrew I'm sorry, please come back.

The look on his face, the anger in his eyes, the hate and worse the fear I felt, that I'll never be good enough for him, that maybe we were just not meant to be, that that was the last straw.

An hour after, I was done cleaning soaked myself in the bathtub. My mind drifted to the times when we'd both get into the bathtub and talk for the whole while in there, sometimes we'd get down on it.

I couldn't stop crying because it hurts like a bitch.

I heard my name and before I could do anything the bathroom door swung open. Thank God for the soap lather that covered parts of my body.

"Miles, what the fuck are you doing here?" I didn't bother to get out from the bathtub.

He sighed heavily and his eyes ran over me and he gulped. "I've been calling you for the past three hours, your mum is worried, like sick worried." He sounded out of breath.

"How did you find me?" I still wasn't interested in getting out of the bathtub, he'd have to carry me out.

"I just guessed." He stretched a towel forward. "Now please can you get out of there, we have to go."

"I'm not going anywhere Miles," I sunk a little deeper in.

"Victoria, please don't start now, just get out of there." He walked closer to me, almost shoving the towel in my hand.

"Miles please stop!" I yelled. "I'm not ready to leave. Besides what the fuck do you need me for?"

"Your mum, she-"

"Can y'all stop. Just stop. Y'all have been treating me like I'm going to break anytime soon and I'm not. So just stop!" I sat up and used my right hand to cover my nipples.

"But Victoria-"

"I said stop. I've had enough of this! What is it?" I kissed my teeth. "See you can either sit down and wait for me or you leave, I'll go home whenever I feel like it, if I feel like it." I once again sunk deeper into the bathtub and closed my eyes, trying to calm down.