Chapter Twenty Five

This chapter is dedicated to mynameisbeulah

***

Andrew's POV

I nearly rolled off the couch but I caught myself before I could land on the floor. I stretched and sat up.

How did I sleep off?

I tiredly rubbed my eyes. I really needed that sleep though.

I heard the doorbell and I sighed then stood up.

My phone laying on the floor beeped and I stretched to pick it up.

It was a text from Miles.

Please come over to the station it read.

I yawned, feeling tears spring at the corner of my eyes. I was really tired but I knew that I wasn't getting any proper rest till Victoria was back home and safe.

I stood up, taking my car key off the coffee table in the process. I got into my car and drove to the station.

On my way there I prayed that there was lead or something and that this wasn't going to be a dead end.

I greeted the few people I had come to know in that past week as I walked briskly into the station. I knew exactly where I was headed so when in front of the office I knocked and waited to hear a 'come in' before twisting the doorknob and walking in.

"Any leads?" I asked first.

Detective Tony gestured for me to take my seat beside Miles and I did.

"Miles was telling us of an Apple watch that Victoria has. He says you gave it to her and she's been wearing it all along." Detective Tony started.

"Yeah, I didn't know she was still wearing it, I haven't seen it on her since I got to New York." I answered. "What about it?"

I got her that watch while we were serving and she used to wear it all the time, especially while still serving but when we were done, she didn't wear it that often anymore.

"Miles mentioned that she was wearing it on the day that she was taken. This could be a lead to find her. If she was still wearing it when they took her, chances are they took it off of her on their way to wherever she's held hostage and if we're right, we can track the watch down and chances are it'll be easier to find her from there." He explained further.

I looked at Miles then back at the detective. There really is hope.

I quickly took out my phone and went straight to the app to track the watch. Even if the watch was dead, I could still find it's last location.

"Found it," I gave the phone to detective Tony who took it and stood up, walking out of the office.

Miles and I followed him out of the office and to the general area.

"Ava," he gave the phone to his partner.

She took the phone and zoomed in and out of the phone. She nodded and began typing away on her laptop.

Miles, detective Tony and two other officers that were also on the case surrounded the lady as we watched her type away on her computer.

"Got it," she said and what looked like a map appeared on her screen. She typed away and the map zoomed in, now showing a satellite view of the area. It was in the suburban area.

"She was last seen at four fifteen p.m, twenty minutes away from here." She pointed at the screen. "Chances are where she's being held hostage isn't too far from here."

"Pull up all the buildings thirty minutes away from that location." Detective Tony ordered and she got to typing again.

Seconds after, a list pulled up.

"If any name looks familiar to you, let me know." Detective Tony addressed Miles and I now.

My eyes scanned through till I got to one name.

Temitope O. Abayomi.

"I know that name," I pointed to it. "That's the name of her assistant." At this point I was glad I did know the names of some close employee's in the office.

But this was strange. Why would Temitope have a property in New York?

Detective Ava clicked on the name and a bunch of images popped up.

"She owns a warehouse, ten minutes away from the last location of the watch." She said.

"Do you know her personally?" Detective Tony asked me.

"No. She's always quiet, only talks when spoken to." The quiet ones are always deadlier. At this point, no one can be crossed off of my list of Innocents until the culprit is found.

"What's the warehouse for?" Miles asked.

"It's not stated but," she continued typing. "The inside has various rooms unlike other warehouses. The previous owner used it to store various building materials." She pulled up a bunch of pictures that looked like exactly what she was saying.

She then pulled up Temi's profile. "Only child of her late mother who died four years ago, breast cancer. No other family is recognized. African-American, twenty eight years old. Was born in New Jersey. Her birth certificate doesn't indicate who the father is. Last seen in America five years ago after her mother died."

"New Jersey, Victoria's father is from New Jersey." I mumbled under my breath.

"What did you say?" Detective Tony somehow heard me.

"I said, Victoria's dad is from New Jersey." I repeated. "Sorry, just thinking aloud."

Detective Tony paused and stood up straighter. "Let's see her mother"

A new screen appeared. "Jennifer Abayomi Nigerian. Came to America on a Tourist Visa and left a year after with a child."

"Temi," I muttered.

"Good afternoon sir," Detective Tony was on a call. He nodded. "Do you happen to know any Jennifer Abayomi?" He now put the call on speaker.

"Jennifer Abayomi," I heard uncle Caleb's voice. "Fuck. Hold on." Silence followed. "I remember meeting a Jennifer Abayomi just before I married Sade."

"That's about how many years ago?"

"Twenty seven, no twenty nine years ago. What about her?"

"Can you please come to the station?" Detective Tony asked.

"I'm on way way." He hung up.

I don't want to just make conclusions until I hear the whole story from Victoria's dad. If my assumptions are correct, then Victoria might have a step sister.

But if Temi is her step sister, why would she kidnap her? And if Temi is aware of all these, why didn't she just say so all these years of working with Black publications?

Or could it be a coincidence that Temi ended up there?

From what I know, she's been working with Black publications for about three or four years.

Or was she just working there to perfectly map out her plan?

What exactly does she want?

Five minutes after, uncle Caleb and aunty Sade were in front of us. Detective Tony took all to his office.

"Tell us all you know about Jennifer Abayomi." Detective Tony told uncle Caleb and every single one of us listened.