Chapter Thirty Two

Andrew's POV

"Yo man, whatsup?" James hollered as I approached the table they were all seated at.

Adrian, James and Ayo. We were currently at a new restaurant that opened about last week. Tonight is James' bachelor's party so we're all just having a few drinks together before we head for the party.

I greeted all of them before taking my seat. "Congrats man, I'm so happy for you." I said to James as I called a waiter over.

"Thank you," he grinned. "How's it going with your lives? It's been a minute since we hung out like this." He was addressing all three of us now.

"Scotch on the rocks please," I told the waiter my order and he nodded before walking away. I sat up. "My life's been-" I thought of the best word to describe it. "A little bit of messed up." That was the best way to put it.

"You know you haven't really given us the gist of what really happened. It's been bits and pieces here and there which we understand but we need the clearer picture." Ayo said leaning into the table. "Or am I the only one that feels this way?"

"You're not the only one," James rose up his glass of whatever he was drinking, probably beer, and he took a quick sip before placing the glass back down. "We've kind of been in the dark since."

"All except this one I'm guessing." Ayo gestured to Adrian.

Adrian chuckled. "Well I can't help that I'm best friends with Victoria."

"You guys are best friends? I thought it was all through Funke and you know 'cause you're her boyfriend you just automatically know." James couldn't hide his pure surprise and shock.

I shook my head at him. "Where have you been all this while?"

"I was just about to ask the same question," Ayo readjusted himself in his seat.

"So I'm the only clueless one here?" It sounded more like a statement.

"Pretty much." The waiter brought my drink and placed it in front of me. "Thank you."

"They've been best friends for as long as we have been friends," Ayo answered his earlier question. "Right Adrian?"

Adrian nodded. "Yeah."

"Anyways. Andrew, over to you." James took another sip of his drink.

I took the glass in front of me and twirled the cup back and forth, watching the ice mix with the drink.

I recounted everything from the beginning. From where it all began, the moment Victoria told me she was pregnant.

Everything had already slowly began to get ugly before that day but that day, the moment I began to pieces everything together. When I looked into her eyes and at Miles and saw no element of lies in it, that was when everything came crashing down.

Our lives.

I was disoriented after that and I'm only just getting myself back and what will only make things worse is if at the end of the day Victoria still chooses Miles over me.

They all had a bunch of questions, Adrian included and I answered their questions the best that I could.

Of course they all had their own opinions on everything but the only thing that really mattered to me was having Victoria back in my life.

Having a chance to build the life that I've always wanted with her. To make the dreams we had of ourselves when we way way younger come to pass.

I just want a chance to make things work.