Chapter Five

After what felt like forever mum finally walked out of the office and told me to go in. He told me to sit beside him on the couch and I did.

I felt like a all child at that moment, a child that was about to get scolded for doing something bad.

"First I want to apologise, for everything." He started and I slowly lifted my head up to look at him.

"I know these past months I've been unecesarily harsh on you and with the wedding, forcing you to marry someone else. My actions were truly uncalled for and I deeply apologize." He held my hand that was on my lap and squeezed gently.

I returned the action and smiled, "it's okay dad."

"No it's not okay, I don't think I can ever really forgive myself, I shouldn't have let things get this far. I'm sorry." He apologized again and I could see the guilt in his eyes.

"Forgiven," I nodded and he smiled and slowly let go of my hand.

"So, I heard that you were planning on leaving tonight," he looked at his watch then back at me. "Yeah two hours."

I shyly looked away, "yeah."

"It's okay, you need to leave anyways. I'll just have to act like I'm genuinely shocked that you left."

I chuckled, feeling a heavy weight lifting off of my chest. "Thanks dad."

"You don't need to thank me." He shook his head. "So have you told Andrew and Miles?"

The question I was avoiding. How the hell am I supposed to tell him what happened?

"Yeah," I nodded, keeping it at that.

"Good, they both should better get ready." He stood up now. "Run along now, you don't want to miss your flight."

I sighed, happy that he didn't say much. I stood up and rushed to hug him. "I love you dad."

"I love you too." He placed a kiss on my hair as his hand wrapped around my frame.

I finally pulled away after a moment and without another word I walked out of the office. Funke and Ana were just outside the door when I walked out and they both rushed to me.

"I'm still leaving as planned, you all make sure you put on your best acts of shock tomorrow." I said with a smile and they both physically relaxed.

I met mum in the kitchen. "I don't know whatever you said to dad but thank you." I smiled and hugged her.

She dropped the spoon she was holding, "just get out of here okay?" She kissed my forehead.

"Definitely, I love you mum." I didn't let her go.

"Love you more."

After a while I left the kitchen and went outside to where Ana and Funke were standing by the car.

"What are you going to do about Andrew?" Ana asked as I got to them.

I sighed, "I don't know Ana. I'm scared. I don't want my baby to  grow up without it's father." I touched my very flat stomach, as if I could feel the growing featus in there.

"Miles will be there," Funke reminded me.

"But he won't be the biological father, that's what I don't want. I don't want to have to lie to my child to believe another man is his or her father."

"What if the child is for Miles?" Funke asked now.

"Then I would move on with Miles," I said without thinking.