Chapter Twenty Two

Victoria's POV

It all happened so fast, one minute I was strolling out of the store and the next a cloth was over my head and I was dragged into a car.

I don't know how two men were able to carry a struggling pregnant woman without getting spotted by anyone but they did and that bothers me.

I didn't stop struggling against these people even as they drove. Not a word was spoken despite my screams. Obviously they had had enough because I felt a pinch on my neck before everything went black.

When my eyes shot open again the first thing I noticed was the cold both from the atmosphere and the concrete ground beneath me.

I sat up first, wanting to regain my energy before I stood up. The room was somehow small. There was no window, just a red iron door that looked like it weighed a ton.

At the left corner of the room sat a bed, neatly laid with a cream bed sheet and a pillow. The bed frame was iron and on the ceiling which was a little higher than for regular houses was a ceiling fan, one with short blades.

Those were the only things in the room. The room looked neat at least.

"You could have at least put me on the bed!" I yelled to whomever could hear me.

I was terrified.

I have no idea who these people are and what they want with me.

I had no idea if I would make it out of here alive or at least complete.

My major concern now is my health so I don't want to stress myself too much. If I'm making it out of here alive I want to do so with myself and the baby in good shape.

I pulled myself from the floor and made myself comfortable on the bed, resting my back on it. It wasn't as comfortable as my bed at home but it was better than the floor by far.

God please don't let the bed have bed bugs.

This was definitely a warehouse. With the lack of windows of any sort, it was hard to tell where exactly I was.

As I laid on the bed I began to pray.

To pray that I would make it out of here alive, me and the baby. I prayed that someone would find me before things get too far out of control.
I prayed that Andrew would come save me.

***

It was probably two hours before I felt my bladder protest. I stood up and made my way to the door.

I started pounding my fist on the iron door. "Hello! Anyone there?" Even when my hand started to hurt, I didn't stop until I heard a click.
I took two steps back and counted the number of locks.

One. Two. Three. Another key.

The door opened and a man appeared. I couldn't see his face because he was wearing a face cap and a hoodie that hid his face. He was tall and he looked like he could take me out with just a punch.

I gulped as the reality of my current situation finally hit me. My eyes widened and I instinctively took a step back. I was scared out of my mind.

The man stepped to the side, waiting for me to step out of the room.

I didn't feel pressed anymore. I just wanted to go home, to be safe.

The man sighed heavily, telling me that he was already growing tired of waiting for me. He reached out for my arm but I yelped and moved forward, making him to drop his hand.

"I can walk, thank you." I spat.

He locked the door back and I watched carefully. He first used the key, locked it once. Then the first bolt which was at the top of the door, the middle bolt then the bottom bolt. Then he used another key with the second lock.