Chapter Eighteen

Andrew's POV

Her message meant one thing. Either Miles didn't tell her and she just wants to talk to me for whatever reason or Miles told her and she needs answers.

She sent the address and I wore my Vans, got into my car and drove off. She was at the restaurant by the time I got there so I sat in front of her.

She looked up from her phone and smiled at me. "First I am sorry. My mind was clouded with hurt and by the time I got back downstairs it was too late."

"I understand. I would have reacted the same way." I told her truthfully.

"No. I cheated on you Andrew and after that instead of me waiting for you, hoping you'd come back, I moved on with the same man I cheated on you with, that wasn't good of me." She scolded herself and I held her hand.

"Victoria it's fine." I assured her and she nodded.

"Okay, I called you for two things." She started and I held my breath.

What if she changed her mind and doesn't want me in the life of our baby? What if she never wants anything to do with me again?

"First, apology accepted." I released the breath I was holding.

"We've come through a lot and it won't be nice if I held that grudge against you forever, especially now that we're having a baby together. I want my baby to grow up in a healthy environment, one where both parents tolerate each other." I listened to her and nodded, not wanting to interrupt because I'm sure she still has a lot to say.

"I don't know how things are going to be from here but we'll figure it out, we always do." I held her gaze and lightly squeezed her hand.

I missed her, a lot.

"Secondly, I want to know something. I feel Miles is keeping something from me? Any ideas?"

He didn't tell her. Now who's the coward?

He knows if he told her, she'd be angry with both of us but probably him more than me.

I opened my mouth and I told her everything, everything that happened from the moment I left her in Nigeria six months ago. How I regretted everything and couldn't come see her in Canada. How Miles and I made a deal and about the deal with her family.

She was angry and I could clearly see it but she said nothing. When I told her how I realized the mistake I made in leaving her and making that deal with Miles, I swear I saw her eyes light up.

Even if she wants me back, is she willing to let go of Miles? He'll be hurt, no doubt about that.

After I was done talking she nodded and spoke. "Come here." She shifted and patted the space beside her.

"What?" I wasn't expecting that.

"Come here." She patted the seat again and I slowly stood up to meet her.

It feels so good, sitting beside her again, feeling her body warmth.

"I'm hurt that you gave up on me Andrew, but it's fair, I did first and I don't blame you. I guess we can't always have what we want." She took my hand and rose her shirt then, placed my hand on her partly rounded belly. "I want you to promise me something."

I nodded. "Anything."

"We may have given up on each other but I want you to promise me that you won't give up on this baby, no matter how mad we are at each other, no matter how bad we hurt each other, you won't leave our baby's life, no matter what." She used her free hand to hold my chin so we were looking into each other's eyes.