Chapter Seven

Andrew's POV

I saw her, and I just wanted to wrap my hands around her body and tell her how sorry I am and take my words back.

I was blinded by my rage when I said those words to her. I needed to get away from her but when she wasn't getting out of the way so I had to say anything to get her to leave me be. Now thinking about it, that was just another stupid thing to add to the list of stupid things I've said to her.

As our eyes met in the airport I once again felt my heart breaking into a thousand pieces and what made it worse was the fact that she looked like she was going to break down in tears any second.

I love you. I read her lips and damn me I wanted to shout those words right back at her, disregarding the fact that we were in a public place.

If I had gotten to the airport, ten minutes earlier than I did hours ago, I would have gotten on the plane to Chicago and she wouldn't have seen me. I wouldn't have been reminded of the pain I had caused her, at least not at that moment.

I love you. I said to myself as if praying for her to hear my inner thoughts.

As she looked away to do something I walked away blending in with the crowd. My flight was scheduled for another hour so I went as far away from her as possible and waited for my flight to be announced.

As I stood in a corner, all I could think of was her, her face, her lips, her hair and her heart that I crushed with my own two hands, not once, not twice.

I don't deserve her I told myself.

It's best I let her go. She deserves better than me. All I'll keep giving her is heartbreak.

My phone beeped of a new message from Adrian. I looked at my wallpaper, my favorite picture of her on the night I proposed to her.

I felt the tears welling up in my eyes as I unlocked my phone and read Adrian's message.

Don't tell me you plan on leaving her for good. It read.

I wanted to respond but I didn't know what to say because I myself was unsure of my response.

I'm the most confused person on the planet at the moment.

Do I want a family with her?

Yes.

Do I love her?

Yes.

Regardless?

Yes.

What's holding me back?

The pain and hurt that she caused.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that she was with another man. It still feels unreal to me. But I promised her forever, I promised her that I wouldn't leave her and that's exactly what I'm doing.

I broke my promise to her. Because I can't handle the fact that she cheated and she just might be pregnant for him.

What if she's pregnant for you?

The real question is will she still want me in her life after now?

If she's still down for me then I'll hold her and never let her go but I'm pretty sure she wants nothing to do with me now. After I literally ran away from her, away from what might be my responsibility.  I'm a big failure.

I made the decision to leave and now that I'm rethinking that decision, I'm scared to face the consequences. I looked at the time, my flight would be announced any time soon.