Chapter Forty

Italy is beautiful and I'm glad our parents chose it.

We arrived yesterday and I've only just had the time to explore today. Traveling with a baby is work but I figured it out pretty fast thanks to Ana.

We left the kids with their fathers and we're all out exploring. Me, Ana, Grace, my mum and Andrew's mum.

It's been so long since we've all had time for each other as a family. Ever since we moved to Nigeria seven years ago, things definitely changed. The past two years have been tougher for Andrew and I.

We've been through the toughest times and I'm just glad that we both came out of it together. Even though we have scars that will forever stay with us but the fact remains that we overcame together.

We're always better together and even though it took me a lot of wrong decisions for it to finally really sink and for us to stick to it, at the end, we figured it out and that's all that matters to me.

"So Grace, when are we going to hear about that special someone?" Ana asked with a wiggle of her eyebrows.

Grace rolled her eyes. "Not you too."

"I kind of support her, who's the lucky guy we're expecting to hear from soon?" I piped in now.

Grace has always been the quiet one amongst three of us and the most distant. Mainly because after she was done with high school she went all the way to France to study and is only around a handful of times, if we get to see her around, we're lucky.

After she graduated college she worked for a little while before she started on her masters and she's now at her PhD, in France.

She most definitely loves it there.

Ana's married now and I have a baby so it's normal for us to wonder who her lucky guy is going to be.

"Well there is someone." She started with a shy smile and took lick of her ice cream.

Ana and I looked at ourselves and our smiles slowly grew.

"What's his name?" This time I wiggled my brows at her.

She looked at our mothers who were not too far from us but they could definitely not hear our conversation the she looked back at us.

"His name's Safir, he's French obviously." She chuckled. "We've been seeing each other for about a year now." She filled us in and I found myself squealing in excitement.

"Why didn't you say anything earlier?" Ana playfully pushed her shoulder.

"I wasn't so certain about him. You know him being French and all. He's a really busy person, always traveling around so I still had a lot of making up my mind to do. To be sure if I'm really ready to keep up with his lifestyle." She explained.

"What does he do?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Not going to tell you guys, not yet."

I looked at Ana. "Then when are we going to meet him?" I looked back at Grace.

"Soon." She nodded and licked her ice cream again.

"That sounds promising." I chuckled and looked ahead at the city in front of us.

"Speaking of guys, Riya I still need to spank you for what you did to my brother." Grace's words made me look at her.

"Yeah. You deserve a bug apology from her." Ana said in Grace's defense.

"Are you really sure he's who you want?" Grace fully turned to me.

Ana moved so she was standing in front of both of us.