Chapter Twenty Eight

I woke up with a start and to my body visibly shaking.

The door flung open and Andrew ran into the room with a panicked look on his face. He looked like he had seen a ghost.

"Hey, I'm here." He said as he sat on the bed beside me and held my shoulders. "Look at me, I'm here." He was holding my arms now.

I could hear him so I did my best to reduce the shaking. I couldn't believe that I was actually having a panic attack.

I felt fine both physically and mentally but I guess when you've faced death and survived, you're bound to have a nightmare about it and you wake up with a panic attack.

Andrew pulled me to himself just as Miles ran into the room, looking around just as Andrew had done moments ago.

He visibly relaxed as he spotted Andrew with me but his face changed for a split second before he walked towards us.

"Are you okay?" He asked with pure concern in his voice.

I closed my eyes and slowly nodded, still pressed against Andrew.

Andrew and I remained like that for a few more seconds before he pulled away. I had stopped shaking but the layers of sweat on my body could give away that I wasn't really fine.

Andrew placed my hands in it and gave them a firm squeeze. "Do you want to see a doctor about this?"

I was shaking my head before he even finished his sentence.

"You need to see one Riya." Miles said and I turned to look at him.

"I don't want to see one," I was still standing on my word.

I don't want to have to go see a therapist everytime. I don't know if taking pills while pregnant would be a good idea but even though, I don't want to have to take them.

"Vic-"

"Miles," Andrew looked at Miles and it was as if both men were talking telepathically.

Miles looked up and stood up straighter. "Fine." He walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

Andrew waited a few seconds before he got in the bed beside me and laid down, stretching his left hand on the pillow I was just laying down on.

"Come here." His face had this soft look that just instantly made me relax.

I gently laid back down and scooted closer to him, resting my head on his arm and laying on my side.

There was a little distance between us and we both left it there. We laid down in silence, taking in the sound of our breathings.

"You're not going to force me to?" I asked after some moments.

I heard him sigh. "No. I'm just going to advice that you see one. I don't like to see you like this, waking up to the sound of your screams and having to run down the hallway to you, I don't like the fear I felt. What you went through was traumatic and it's best you see someone but if you don't want to see one, I'd still run down the hall to you every night."

I felt the tears begin to well up at the corner of my eyes and they stung. Me not seeing a doctor is equals to hurting him and I don't want that.

"I'll go," I decided. "For you."

He turned to me so we were facing each other. He nodded and slowly reached to cup my cheek.

I closed my eyes and unconsciously leaned into him. "I love you."

"I love you too," I blurted out without even thinking.

My eyes popped open and Andrew was looking at me with a soft smile on his face. I wasn't expecting to say that out loud.

That's how you feel

That is correct but he isn't supposed to hear my thoughts.

"What's the time?" I tried to take the attention off me.

"Around past three." He tucked a strand of my hair that had escaped inside my hair bonnet I was wearing. Maybe the attention isn't off me but it's definitely off what I said earlier. "Go back to sleep." He pulled his hand from my face and I nearly whined at the lost contact.

I nodded and closed my eyes. I slept off almost instantly.

***

"Are you scared?" Andrew asked me and I nodded.

We were currently outside the doctor's office that I had been assigned to, waiting for the clock to hit twelve so I could go in.

After my nightmare and panic attack two days ago, we went to see the doctor when the day had broken and after a lot of questions we were told to come today for my first appointment and of course more questions for them to really know what was going on inside my head.

Funke has been praying that it isn't PTSD, I'm praying so too. I've seen what she has gone through and apart from the fact that she's sucidal, or was suscidal -she believes she isn't anymore- I know it's not pretty and I don't want to go through what she went through.

I looked up at the clock on the wall adjacent me. Ten minutes more.

A door opened on the far end of the hall and a tall man walked out. He was wearing a black suit, his inner shirt was black. The way he stepped out reminded me of the day that I was kidnapped.

This is exactly how the men that took me that day were dressed. The height and body was exactly the same.

I shut my eyes as the memory of that day came back. The man was headed my way and the fear I felt that day as I was being dragged away gripped me. The fear I felt when was in that room covered up in white plastic, ready to receive my blood ran allover my body again.

"Victoria," Andrew's voice made me open my eyes.

His eyes went down to his hand that was holding mine and only then did I notice how hard I was squeezing his hand.

The man was closer now and I stopped breathing, even when he was no longer close to me I still wasn't breathing, my eyes stuck on the floor.

"Riya," Andrew shook me and I jumped, completely scared.

"Hey hey, it's me." He was trying to calm me down but it totally wasn't working.

I was still scared to my bones and I just wanted to curl up in a ball at a corner.

"Babe I'm here," he held my other hand and made me to look at him. "It's me."

His voice had a way of calming me down, everytime.

"Just breathe okay? You're safe." He assured me and I slowly relaxed.

"Victoria Black?" The door to the office I was supposed to go into opened and a woman walked out.

She was dressed in black suit pants and a pink dress shirt with heels.

Andrew rose his hand and when the woman's eyes landed on me she ran towards me and squatted in front of me.

"That incident has happened and can never happen again, you're safe now. Just think of a safe haven, someone or somewhere you're really close to, that makes you feel safe and just imagine that you're with that person or at that place." She instructed.

Andrew, the man beside me.

He's my safe haven. The only person that no matter what I'm safe with him.

In seconds I was completely relaxed and I looked at the person I'm guessing is the therapist I'm supposed to see.

She is beautiful. With her slim face and even though she's married with children, she looks younger than her age.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I nodded.

She stood up, still holding my hand. "Come on."

I stood up and looked at Andrew. He gave me an encouraging nod and I slowly followed the woman into her office.