Chapter Twenty Three

Andrew’s POV

It’s been over twenty four hours and we still have nothing. Not a single trace, not a single clue. Everyone that are suspects have been questioned and proven innocent.

Everyone has been interrogated and still nothing.

We’ve been waiting for anything from whoever the kidnappers are.

Is it money they want? We’re ready to give them that, we just want Victoria back safe.

“Andrew,” I felt my knees shake and I looked up.

I hummed in response as I looked at Victoria’s mum.

“The officers asked you a question.”

I looked at the said police officers. “Please come again.”

“You obviously know her more than everyone else, do you know of anyone that may have any reason to harm her. Maybe from your high school or college? Any rivals? Anyone that could have been jealous of you guys’ relationship back then or now?” The officer asked.

I cleared my throat before speaking. “It was high school, everyone was jealous of our relationship.”

“And have you come in contact with any of these people from high school or college recently?”

“I wasn’t there but she told me that she met someone. Grace Eastwood.” I remembered the afternoon when she told me all about their little ‘reunion.’ Grace Eastwood doesn’t look like someone that would want to harm Victoria but we can never tell the hearts of men.

“And what happened when they met?”

“Like I said I wasn’t there but she mentioned that Grace Eastwood was getting married and she invited her for the wedding. That’s all I know, you should ask Miles for more details, he was there.”

“Did she mention the name of Grace Eastwood’s partner to you?”

“Vaughn White.” I stated.

Vaughn White and Grace Eastwood, the most unlikely couple and of course, very cliché story. I never would have thought that the two could become a couple.

“Did Victoria attend the wedding?”

“No.”

“Do you know why?”

I sighed. “She didn’t want to have to cross paths with old school mates and all.”

"Do you think Grace Eastwood could have been offended by this?"

I thought back to our time in high school. We never talked, all I knew was that she was in most of my classes so I never would have known if she would have been offended over Victoria not attending her wedding.

Even if she is, is that a real reason to kidnap someone? It doesn't make any sense.

"I don't know. She was always quiet in class." I answered.

The two officers said a few words between themselves before the both nodded and stood up. “That will be all for today. Thank you. We’ll keep you posted” The female officer said this time around.

I nodded and Victoria’s mum walked with them to the office.

“We’ll find her, I know we will.” Aunt Sade said and gave my arm a slight rub.

I chuckled dryly. “I’m supposed to be telling you that, not the other way around.”

She chuckled also. “I’ve watched you two grow together, I know how much you love her and I know how it feels to just want the love of your life safe and back to you. We all need a little encouragement.”