I'm not as think as you drunk I am

"Oh! And here is one where she was in the talent show in the 9th grade! She was so good, She was one of those Emu kids, and was OBSESSED with this band called Panic! at the dance floor or something like that, and sung "Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off.""

I place my head in my hands.

"Mama, It's emo, not emu. An emu is a bird. The band is called Panic! at the disco, you mixed the name with blood on the dance floor. And how do you remember the name of the song but not the band?"

She throws a piece of balled up paper at me. She turns to Jin and Jimin, pouting.

"You nice boys see how she treats her poor old mother, right? I don't know how you guys put up with her."

I roll my eyes, Hobi rubbing my back and laughing.

My dad looks at the clock above the mantle, turning towards my mom. 

"Alright Mandy. Its getting dark out and I don't know how to get back in the dark."

My mom slams the album shut, placing it in Jins hands. "Here, look through this and use it for blackmail."

"MAMA!"

She laughs, giving me a hug and rushing to the door.

"Make sure that you take care of yourself, young lady. I gave Yoonji here my phone number, so If you ever start neglecting yourself he can call me and I will fly my happy ass right back here to beat you up. Got it?" My dad says, hugging me.

"Again dad, Its Yoongi. and I will take care of myself, don't worry."

They wave and walk out the front door, and I let out a huge sigh.

"STAR MONTGOMERY! HOW DARE YOU TRY TO SCARE US WITH HORROR STORIES OF YOUR PARENTS! WE WERE FULL OF ANXIETY FOR NO REASON!" Jin scolds.

"Yeah, cut it out, Jin. That could have easily went another way, don't blame her." Joon says.

I walk past each of the guys, headed straight to the kitchen to clean.

"No, I got it!" Jungkook rushes past me. "Go play with Taehyung and the dogs."

I nod, turning towards the back yard.

Taehyung is rolling around in the grass with the 2 puppies, then he gets on his hands and knees and jumps at them, barking.

Sometimes I worry about him.

It's okay, not everyone is normal.

I sure as hell ain't.

Khaleesi sees me, and takes off towards the porch.

Tae quickly grabs her before she can jump on me.

"Wow there, Khal. Mommy has babies in her belly, you can't jump on her."

Khaleesi whines, but walks over to me, nudging my hand with her nose, placing her giant head in my lap.

I stroke her ears, brushing my fingers through the long fur.

"Who's a good girl?"

She wags her little butt at me, before running back to Yeontan and playing again.

Taehyung sits beside me, laying his head on my shoulder, his glasses going sideways.

"How are you doing?" He asks.

"Tae, I'm doing good, you've been with me almost all day."

"No, Teddy bear. HOW are you? How are you feeling, mentally, physically?"

I let out a sigh.

"Stressed, honestly. I freaked out with my parents because my dad has NEVER been supportive of much of anything to do with me. I have Nayla still in the back of my head, Jackson stabbing me, the babies-"

His head pops up off my shoulder. 

"What the hell did you just say?"

I knit my eyebrows. "Huh?" Why is he getting loud with me?

"Jackson was the one who stabbed you?"

My eyes go wide.

"I-I wanted to tell-"

He stands up abruptly, walking inside.

I get up as fast as I can, following after him. 

He walks to the front door towards the key holder, grabs his shoes, jacket and car keys, sliding everything on.

"Wait, Tae, let me explain."

"Explain WHAT, Star? I introduced you to Jackson. I did. Do you know how it makes ME feel that I let you be in the same Elevator as him? Huh? Those may not be my children inside of you, but I am still as much their father as Joon is. And I will protect them, AND you. So I'm going to go kill him myself."

He stands up abruptly, putting the car keys in his pocket.

I grab his arm. 

"Why? So you can be in jail for murder? Remember, murder is still illegal in all 50 states."

I stand in front of him.

"Taehyung, I know you're mad, but the best way that you can protect me, is by going with me to the police and handling this the right way. Anger is clouding your judgement, and I know for a fact you are no killer."

He looks me in my eyes, pulling me into his arms.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could have done something?" He asks into my neck.

I can feel his tears on my shoulder.

"I promise, I will go tomorrow to the police station and tell them."

We stand there, in each others embrace.

One thing I am absolutely sure of:

In his arms, I will always be protected.