4̲̅8̲̅

Special update for Fame_lanky (I hope I get the spelling but he/she knows his/herself) for her/his numerous votes.

Please, try to read the A/N at the end of the chapter.

* Nathan*

The whole living room was silent. No one was answering Dazzline's question. And I could tell she was getting angrier each second.

"I asked a fucking question and I demand a fucking answer, dad, what the fuck do you want? Why the fuck are you here?!" Dazzline yelled.

"Whoa...chill young lady, too many cuss words in just one sentence, Dazzline, this is now how you were trained you" he chided and I could only scoff.

"You never brought me up to be anything..dad" Dazzline retorted.

The tension was high here. And mom was already panting.

"Calm down, Dazzline" mom said slowly. It was like she was picking her words carefully so she wouldn't make things worse.

"Oh please mom, don't tell me to fucking calm down mom!" Dazzline yelled. She was already crying and I immediately started to regret telling Dazzline to come home.

When dad saw the divorce papers, he started insulting mom, he almost raised his filthy hands on her and when Dazzline tried to get between them, his exact words were;

"don't you dare get into this, you bastard! I'm very sure you were the one who instigated Amelia into doing this! Everything changed ever since you came into our lives! I regret the day I decided to make you our daughter!!".

Ever since then, Dazzline hated her parents, then she finally transferred the hatred to Dad. She's the main reason why Mom decided to move here.

"Calm down Dazzline, I'm here to talk to your mom and to see my children. Then I'd leave" Dad replied and Dazzline muttered something like like you care.

"Do whatever you want, leave before six, Mom's fiance is coming over" Dazzline said before storming upstairs.

I made myself comfortable on the couch before putting my ear pods.

"Nathan, your mom and I want to have private discussion" Dad said and I glared at him.

"If this is an indirect way of you saying I should get out then you're dreaming" I replied. "Besides, I'm not listening".

"Okay then" he said and turned to mom. I reduced the volume of my music so I could listen to their conversation.

What? I'm curious to know why that man is back.

"Amelia" he began.

"What?" Mom's voice was cold.

"I need some cash. One million dollars" he replied and my eyes widened in shock.

He came back cause he needs cash?

"Sorry? What makes you think I'm in the position to give you that kind of money?" Mom asked, shock evident in her voice.

"Amelia, we both know that your net worth is more than thirty million. Just give me a million dollars, besides, our joint account...."

"You took all the money in our joint account, have you forgotten?" Mom snapped.

"Oh, forgive me, I forgot" he replied and laughed awkwardly, "I just really need the cash, Amelia".

Mom sighed. "what trouble have you gotten into?" She asked him.