To France

This chapter turned out to be too long and I felt it needed to be separated to make the story flow better so, there will be two parts. Part two will be entitled "And Back" picking up where this one leaves off.  ( France doesn't mean 🗼paris🗼...We are going to the literal place)

TW: mention of bones, stressful content (this chapter sounds horrific, but it isn't scary in nature)

* will indicate the start of a section I believe mentions any possibly triggering content for readers.    ** will be the end of that scene if you need to skip.  You should be able to skip that part and still read the chapter. 

Song Recs: " My Kind of Woman" By: Mac DeMarco  , "Hey Lover" by The Daughters of Eve

Everything was planned. She had the tickets, her bag packed. Disapparation was not permitted in the Ministère des Affaires Magiques de la France, so Cassandra had a different idea.

She wore a soft lilac satin lacy top with tan shorts, the haughty ring was on the necklace, making sure not to make the same mistake. She also threw on her favorite creamy pearl necklace, with matching earrings. She couldn't wait to see him, as she threw one last item into her bag and was on her way.

Cassandra was determined to have this date be perfect. Nothing was going to ruin it. No drama. No ring. No twin hurting himself and being a prick about it (Cassandra still wasn't entirely over that). They were going to have an amazing day.

Nothing was going to get in her way...she believed she had thought of everything. Cassandra arrived at his apartment early, though George was sitting on the couch waiting for her. After a quick snog, she gripped his hand tightly.

"C'mon pretty boy, I've got a big day planned," she cooed sweetly as she yanked his arms, getting him off the couch. 

*

Cassandra apparated them to her desired location, opening her eyes in the dark, cold underground. She lifted her wand, whispering "Lumos" as the tip ignited, allowing a white light to shine off the walls. She heard George gasp as he turned to the walls, seeing rows of countless skulls and bones. He also ignited his wand, holding it up, gripping her hand harder. 

"Interesting date. I like the remote location," He laughed.

"Sorry we had to land here. France has strict laws about apparation."

"Where is here exactly?" George inquired, looking into the face of a skull.

"The catacombs underneath Paris. I've traveled through here before in order to apparate into the muggle, touristy part. Just hold my hand and we'll be fine."

"Well I definitely wasn't planning on letting go..." 

Cassandra led him through the twists and the turns, George couldn't peel his eyes off the walls, there wasn't a square inch not covered in death. He looked down to Cassandra who only stared forward, never looking at the ossein wallpaper. She knew what she was doing.

Eventually after multiple turns, George heard the sound of voices, "Cass...Did you hear that?" She nodded, not acting the least bit concerned.

"You didn't bring me here to kill me...did you?"

He could feel her roll her eyes, "No. The voices you are worried about are muggles on a tour. This means we've almost made it." 

He didn't reply, only hoping Cassandra was right. She now whispered "Nox" and put her wand into her bag, George mirroring her by hiding his wand. A light showed at the end of the tunnel as they watched a tour group walk by, the woman leading them yelling with her booming voice that this was near the end of the tour. Cassandra started forward once the group was out of sight, following in their footsteps.