Tied Up

TW: Kidnapping, physical violence, blood, distress

CW: mentions of death and addiction

I go into lengthy detail of Cassandra's physical and mental anguish. This chapter is heavy, with lots of action. Also, this chapter includes a very graphic depiction of blood. The section describing the blood will be labeled with (*,**) so if you feel comfortable enough reading the rest, you can read this chapter and simply skip that part. A summary is placed at the end of the chapter describing this chapter in its entirety.

This chapter is back with Cassandra's storyline, so if you need a refresher on what has happened with her, you might want to look over "It Comes in Threes" again.  

This will probably hurt. 

Song recommendations: "I Want You" By: Mitski, "Unchained Melody" By: The Righteous Brothers (if you listen to slow 50's songs and thinks "awww cute" then maybe don't play this, I'm trying to go for a more creepy vibe like how they are used in End of The F***ing World) 

Cassandra was fucking tired of living in the inbetween, dwelling in the purgatory.

She wasn't sure how much time had passed since she had arrived here. The days—or hours—had all fused together into one long timeline of staring at the dark stone.

It had given her time to do the one thing she wanted no part in, thinking. Processing.

She had eventually come to terms with her kidnapping, eventually breaking down her psyche as she remembered all that had happened to her. It was a fucking blur. Giving her whip-lash. Until staring at the wall for what seemed like eternity she finally realized, this was all real. This wasn't some twisted nightmare. George wasn't here to wake her up anymore.

The time she wasn't thinking, or attempting to sleep, she spent eavesdropping, hoping they'd reveal a fatal flaw.

She had learned during one of her moments of boring consciousness that someone was named Gravis.

The other two yelled to him constantly, frantically asking him questions. By matching their voices she drew the conclusion that Gravis was the man behind the snake mask, their leader.

Cassandra wasn't sure how this information was helpful but it brought her a sense of slim comfort nonetheless.

And comfort she desperately needed. Her entire body ached, each muscle tense and tight. Every time she slipped into sleep she woke up feeling worse, so much worse. Her neck felt so stift she could have sworn she was moments away from turning to stone. Her head pounded from starvation, only eating when the skull snuck in while the others were away, holding a flask of water to her lips and feeding her bits of bread. Her wrists and ankles felt rubbed raw, the restraints digging into her skin. Often her arms and legs would go numb, which always resulted in the trashing against the restraints to regain blood flow, only making the tenderness worse. 

She hadn't been freed from the chair once. Cassandra's brilliant plan of asking for a restroom, so could flee to freedom, quickly disseminated when they fixed that issue by stuffing her full of Skiving Snackboxes' products. She had never hated the "u-no-poo" more in her life. 

The physical discomfort was growing more unbearable, and that wasn't even the worst torture. Autonomy and mobility had been stolen from her but that wasn't what distressed Cassandra.