Insomnia

A/N: Cassandra is going through the healing process so this might be an emotional/ stressful chapter for some.

Song recommendation: "A Pearl" By: Mitski

Cassandra used to love to sleep. She used to wake up feeling rested. Have beautiful, lifelike dreams.

Adrian had stolen that from her.

At first, she was fine, sleeping heavily without dreams. Sleeping like she was dead.

The first day after the incident she slept like a baby, maybe it was the exhaustion. Her entire body felt so fatigued.

...

Cassandra woke confused, stumbling down the hall, dragging her feet. George shifted at the sound, his face lighting up as he sprung up from the couch.

"Oh thanks heavens you're awake," George sighed.

Cassandra returned with a puzzled look. George continued, "You slept for nearly thirteen hours straight! I was starting to worry you'd died!"

"Yeah he even checked your pulse a few times," Fred chimed in.

Cassandra laughed, rubbing her eyes, "And not be around to pester you anymore? Never."

"You pestering me? I think that role is actually filled by Fred, maybe Ron too," George snickered.

Fred faked a smile while flipping him off.

"What about Ginny? I figured having a little sister would be annoying at times," Cassandra asked playfully.

"Ginny?" Fred laughed, "No George is much too scared of her—"

"I am not!"

"Well what about Percy then?" Cass quizzed.

The twins both groaned and rolled their eyes, causing them all to fall into light laughter.

Although it was late afternoon, Fred was making breakfast for Cassie and himself. He wasn't much of a morning person, so this was morning to him.

Fred pushed a plate full of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast in front of her, then placed down a matching plate for him.

She normally would have protested, as this was way too much food to start the day but Cassandra scarfed it down, not even realizing how starving she was.

"Babe can I ask you something?" George inquired softly, coming to the table and sitting with them.

She nodded, biting off a piece of toast, offering the other piece to him. He took the bread, setting it on his napkin. "Would...would you like Fred or I to heal you? Your bruises...and such..." He struggled with the last part.

"You got a nasty shiner under your eye and on your neck, we could heal it...like you fixed my ankle," Fred said with food in his mouth.

She looked between them both, George got nervous and babbled, "I just wanted to ask. To help. I thought about doing it while you were sleeping but I thought I'd ask first. Of course I wouldn't do anything without your permission ever.  I thought maybe it would be nice to not see the bruises when you woke up but then I didn't want you to wake up and get scared or something...or if its private and you don't wan—"

Fred hit him, "I think she's got the idea! Let her think!"

She finally answered, allowing George to breathe again. "Sure, that sounds nice."