From His Eyes

Song recommendation: "She" By: Dodie 

This chapter is somewhat a filler but was also apart of my overall plot plan. THROWBACK CHAPTER!

Last chapter George mentioned he remembered Cassandra from back in school, so we are finally seeing his point of view of  Chapter 2 through Chapter 8 (not including chapter 7 "the discovery"). This chapter will probably make more sense if you do reread, I know I did. This starts when Cassandra comes into the store for the first time in "The First Step" if you need a refresh.

Enjoy!

The apartment was cold, especially in the mornings. Fred never complained but, he always had a warm body next to him when he woke up. George was alone.

He had nothing against Fred and Angelina, he actually thought they complemented each other quite well but, it bothered him...they were never cold. He was.

Life had become quite boring, which was a new sensation for George. He normally had some adventure or shenanigans planned. The war was a looming presence, a dark cloud over their lives for so long he had grown accustomed to it but, the sky cleared. So why didn't life seem brighter?

George meandered around his shop like any other day, crowds bustled all around him, proving the most unlikely Weasley children some of the most successful. The day had been like any other until a small figure entering the shop caught his eye.

He knew that face. A face he thought he would never see again, it ghosting his dreams every now and then. 

Cassandra Arcus.

She looked more mature, her hair was different, but it was her. A face he couldn't forget. His heart started slamming in his chest as he watched her scan his store, eyes bright.

He also didn't notice the little boy who had tried their puking pastilles. He pushed off the shelf, moving the rolling stairs in their direction and jumping down.

She was rubbing the boys back taking care of him. George spoke to her, trying to mask his excited little jitters.

She looked just as shocked as he felt, like she didn't expect to see him here. Maybe she didn't know him, didn't know that this was his place, remember their few encounters during school. Why would she anyway?

They talked, a brief discussion. She ran when he led her through his store. Of course she wouldn't be interested in his items, in spending a moment with him. 

He figured that's it, he'd never see her again.

That night, ghost-like tendrils of their figures danced before his eyelids. Their first encounters reforming in his mind...

"C'mon George hurry up!" Fred called his brother, who picked up pace to catch up to him. "We've just got to get a bit of Hermione's hair..."

"Should be easy enough since she's got so much," George accounted.

"Exactly! You just distract her and I'll sneak up behind and grab some, sound good?"

"I suppose it might work..."

"C'mon mate, when has one of our pranks ever gone wrong?" Fred chirped, trotting into the library, ducking out of view.