Years Later

HEY PEOPLE! I know, it's been a long time since you've seen any updates on JATC...especially since it's complete. But this chapter has been in my head for months now and I believe it deserves to join the rest of the story. Hope you enjoy :)

Also, happy 2nd birthday to Just Around the Corner !!

Following the path, rounding the corner, can be a slow process. Rocks in the road lead to bumps, fallen tree branches can cause a journey to slow. But, the journey never stops, not as time continues to tick forward.

For Cassandra and George, most of the debris was behind them. Sure, all couples experience setbacks, have little fights but, George knew with his whole being he had found the love of his life.

That's what made this moment even more terrifying.

Fred had been coaching him, acting out every possible outcome, every possible rejection. But, he knew, even with researhal, the bite would sting.

That's why he had been knocking at Fred's apartment door for about five minutes straight, knuckles turning red.

"Bloody fucking hell mate!" The door swung open, "What's got your bloody wand in a twist?"

"It's time. I can't wait any longer. It's killing me."

Fred gave him a frown, "You look rather alive to me, don't think you could annoy me if you were dead, mate."

George squinted at his twin brother, "You genuinely think I wouldn't haunt you? It'd probably be your bloody fault I'm dead anyway."

Fred pretended to mull it over, "Fine. True," He stepped aside, letting George shoulder into the loft. "So what grand assistance do you need today? And be quiet, Angelina isn't up yet. She gets grouchy when I'm loud in the mornings."

"She must be grouchy all the time then since you don't understand "quiet"...which is going to be a problem today."

"Well what in godric's name is today anyway then?" Fred was silenced with a look, his eyes going wide. "Hell, today? Like today today?"

"No next week, Christ today!"

"Bloody hell," Fred wiped his hand down his face, "Alright. I'll make myself free. Angie can run the shop. You sure you're ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be. I can't be patient any longer."

"Okay, okay so–"

The door squeaked on its hinges, "Patient about what?" Cassandra smiled, tilting her head slightly to the side.

Fred's eyes were so large they could've fallen from his head as he looked between the couple. George gulped, thinking on his feet, "Date night of course."

"It's date night? But I thought-"

George stepped forward, gently grasping her shoulders and leading her out of the apartment, "Nope it's today, why don't you head back upstairs and get fixed up? Might be nice."

"Fancy occasion then?" She quizzed.

George just knew his face was starting to flush, "Yep. Real nice. Now be on your way."

The twins waited for Cassandra to leave, watching as she squinted at the pair who were never this quiet...this well behaved.

Once her lovely figure left the doorway, George took a gulp of air. "Bloody fucking hell, don't think i've ever been this nervous. Maybe the war."

"Most definitely not for your O.W.L.S." Fred giggled resulting in George swatting at his head.

"I did better than you in school you twat. Now you need to be there before we are so...get the fuck out of here!" George hissed.