The Crystal Ball

CW: Physical violence (this section will be noted by my normal markers *, **),  Alcohol use (all individuals in this story are of legal drinking age)

Reminder that this story will have a satisfying ending. I know its been a lot of angst but a happy ending will be attached ;) 

Also, from here on out angst chapters will have summaries. I have gone back and written summaries for the past two chapters. Please feel free to let me know if they aren't detailed enough or if another chapter needs a summary. 

Timeline wise, this chapter is taking place the exact same time as Chapter 34: "It Comes in Threes" 

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this. 

A grumpy George emerged from his bedroom around fifteen minutes later wearing plain blue jeans and an old quidditch t-shirt he had had for ages, that had a small little hole in the back.

Fred, who was wearing dark jeans and a black t-shirt was rather unimpressed but still thankful George had actually left his bedroom. "We ought to start matching again..that is uh..."

George was already irritated, "What's wrong with it?" 

Fred bit his tongue, knowing that George was probably ready to turn back to his room and sulk into he'd grow old and die alone. He needed to get George out of this slump. "Nothing, c'mon lets get goin yeah?"

They locked up the shop and started down the street, eventually turning onto Horizont Alley. Across the street, George noticed a young couple walking hand in hand. The man leaned over and kissed his lover on the cheek, which was enough for George to divert his eyes. Normally, that sort of display wouldn't upset him but now... it was a simple reminder of what he couldn't have. What he envied. 

Finally, they approached The Fountain of Fair Fortune, a quaint pub.

"Freddie, this isn't the club  you talked it up to be," George whispered.

Fred rolled his eyes and walked over to the bartender who then motioned to a back room, which had a large fountain fixture, only the fountain had no running water. Fred casted a simple "aguamenti" which caused the fountain to roar to life, the sprinkling of the water causing the tiles on floor to separate, opening to a descending stairwell.

Open at the base of the stairs were strobing lights, something George would have normally found exciting, now giving him a headache.

Fred jumped off the last few steps, turning around with a bright smile as George made it down into the club.

"Welcome to The Crystal Ball!" Fred shouted over the music, leading them both deeper into the speakeasy.

On the ceiling were a thousand crystal balls, all resembling the ones used in divination class back in Hogwarts but these were charmed to cast colorful lights onto the dance floor. There was a room in the back cloaked by a bright purple curtain where George saw a peak of someone reading tarot cards.

Fred guided them over to the bar where George was ready to order the hardest drink they had but Fred shouted, "Two Dragon Scale Ales!"

George groaned, "Really? Ales?"